YAY I won

Just won wc1 for my dust collector (Amiga 1200) now i just hope i win wc4..some **** out bidded me on wc2..which reminds me i feel like playing 3 again soon but it would be nice if i could get hold of wc2 and compleate every game in order.. wc2 is the only game in the wc story i have not played

I live in the UK wc stuf here is rare as hell now when i got a better job i may get Kilrathi saga.. but the question is do i really need it?

I got a CD with WC1/2, Privateer, Armada and Strike Commander (and all the add-ons for those games) for free years ago. Had plenty of fun with those ones, but can't make them run in my current computer... :(

So, I'm stuck with my WC3/4 for PSX and the Prophecy...

Unfortunatelly, I never got to play Academy, Priv 2 or the Secret Ops...

Originally posted by Geffory Tolwin
I live in the UK wc stuf here is rare as hell now when i got a better job i may get Kilrathi saga.. but the question is do i really need it?

you do not really need it, but it will definitely satisfy your WC craving.

i can play 1 on the amiga and secert missions on the snes emulator.. so i can satisfy my wc craving up to a point :)

still need wc2 and 4 i borowed 4 from a guy and compleated it in 2 nites :) and now i want it again and it has that guy from that tv show (the west wing i think) Capt Paulsen (or how ever u spell it if i renembered the name right)

was slightly disapointed in WCP wc dosent feel the same when ur not wakking kitties :)

(and is blair dead or alive?? we'll never know)

Capt Paulsen (or how ever u spell it if i renembered the name right)

it's either Paulsen or Paulson, depending if you go by the game or the book

where can i get the wc novles? i wanna read them :D

Try used bookstores or Amazon - I've seen copies of Freedom Flight floating around, though I'd say Action Stations is probably the rarest book of the lot, followed by End Run and Fleet Action. :D

Ah grumble. Action Stations still isn't here yet, even though it's been shipped ages ago... OTOH, Heart of the Tiger and Pilgrim Stars arrived, yay! :).

(I believe I ordered nearly the entire set of WC books available...). Now to wait for those 5-6 week backordered books to start coming in...

Originally posted by Haesslich
Try used bookstores or Amazon - I've seen copies of Freedom Flight floating around, though I'd say Action Stations is probably the rarest book of the lot, followed by End Run and Fleet Action. :D

work at a used book store in memphis, we already sell them for half the cover price and i get 50% off, im not really interested in reading the novels, too conflicting with the story in the game,
or so I heard

you heard wrong. the novels add a new level to the games. now i will admit that the two 'game' novels, HoTT and TPOF, do change stuff and i didn't enjoy them as much as the games, but they are still good. your WC experience is NOT complete without reading the novels

While the WC 3 and 4 novels did disagree with the games at some points. They also filled in some of the areas the games did not explore. I thought the intro of WC 4 was interesting, talking about Blairs attempts to farm and his breakup with Rachel.

I found them useful in understanding more of what was going on during that time period. But its like any book versus game or movie. There are bound to be differences between what you read and what you see on the screen.

well im not really a huge sci-fi book reader, WC is the only thing I like in the sci-fi genre, right now im trying to read "the Man who Melted" by Jack Dann,kinda tough adjusting to this genre of writing, I usually read Goodkind, or Jordan

Back