XBox Live

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
I've done this thread before, but we're nearly a year later and I wonder if more people have gotten on board. Anyone else using XBox Live? JustinS and Tainen from #Wingnut do a lot of Ghost Recon online. I've played with ace too and it's great. Anyone else playing?

I just got my X-Box up and running, and I am eager to buy the Live dealy... but I'm kind of confused about exactly what I need to do to get it set up.

If you have cable/dsl and a router, you'd just plug into the xbox like another computer on the network. The Live starter kit has the microphone and the first year of service included. Find a game that you like.. lots of people play Ghost Recon.

Do you know if once your subscription has run out and you don’t choose to renew it immediately you can do so at a later date? I read somewhere that if you don’t re-subscribe as soon as your first subscription expires then that’s it, you can never connect to Xbox live again. As I only have access to broadband five months out of the year that kind of put me off. Buying a starter kit would be fine as its extremely good value and I wouldn’t mind if only half of the year long Live subscription I got with it was actually used, but if I had to keep paying afterwards all year just so I could use it the few months that I was at home would be kinda stupid, especially since I’m a poor student and really don’t have the money to spare…

Well, they've announced a $5.99 per month pricing structure in addition to the $50 per year thing. I think that was specifically done for people that are irregular in their subscription status like you. Additionally, most new XBox Live games will come with a two-month subscription.. though in that case you'd need to use a new account each time.

I have a number of games for XBL, but I will also be getting Crimson Skies on release here in the UK on the end of the month.

Gamertag: StarmanUK

Feel free to add me.

Strange Loaf I just tried sending a friend request and it came up "The Gamertag entered was not found."

Back