XBox Live

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Who else is going live today? I'll be going on with Mech Assault, Ghost Recon and Unreal Champsion very late in the evening. Ghost Recon is really excellent, one of my top three favorite XBox games. Justin and I couldn't wait and did a bunch of Ghost Recon on XBConnect this afternoon. It was freakin awesome. Even without the headset we were doing cool stuff. Six player coop, sixteen player deathmatch/capturetheflag/etc. I can't wait to try it online, but with eight xbox system link support this'll make a great LAN party game too. Not a moment of lag when we were using XB connect.. pings in the 25 ms range. Can't wait to get the voice headset.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be if it weren't for stupid Alltel not sending the contract for Dsl as I have been approved for over 2 months and complained about 8 different times and told ok will send it and not recieved a damn thing. (I've been told by them that I should have had it for a month now and I'm sitting on my thumbs becuase of there continuing "Expletive Deleted" Ups. Though as soon as I finally get it I will be coming to blow some heads off in Unreal Championship, and some of the other games.:mad:

Chris you have no Idea how jelous I am of you right now. :D

One of the major reasons I moved with my dad (because of transfer) to Kentucky while the rest of my family stayed in missouri was for Xbox Live and UPN. (I have my UPN and was promised DSL but I don't have that) :mad:

Though I lack the XBox, SOCOM for PS2 comes with a headset and broadband capability. God that game rules... though people don't use the headset in MP as much. :(

Every game on XBox Live requires broadband and uses the voice communicator headset.. SOCOM is good.. but I like Ghost Recon a lot more. And while I'm playing Ghost Recon, if I have friends playing Mech Assault or Unreal Championship or any other Live game, they can invite me into their game from within my game. It's awesome to unload from your Mad Cat and get a message "Blahblah has invited you into a game of Unreal Championship!" Seamlessly switch discs and you're talking to them and setting up a game.

i love playing mechassault w/ friends, just gotta find Live now

I've been playing Steel Battalion and Ghost Recon primarily this past week.. God I can't wait for the online sequel.. I hope it has system link too.

I've really wanted to play GR on that. I've done it on the computer, I think it'd be great with the ability to speak to people with the game.

It's really nice.. and they've added a bunch of stuff to unlock. Guns and modes and things you unlock in single play are available in multi, so it's really a great game all around. Six player cooperative and sixteen player deathmatch.. online or with sixteen XBox system link.

I'm interested in Steel Battalion but I heard that big, fancy controler is cheaply made. Thoughts on it, Chris?

Not at all.. I don't know what some people were expecting.. probably something along the lines of a solid metal fighter-jet-quality cockpit. It's not like that, but it's no cheap joystick either. It is solid and actually everything that matters is covered in metal or is made out of metal. Most buttons are plastic, but that's because they have lights inside that light up. Otherwise it's as sturdy as the best PC flightstick that I've used. And quantities are rather limited. If you want one, you need to jump on the second shipment soon.

Back