XBox Live Gold on Sale for $30 (September 15, 2010)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
It seems like recent XBox Live price increase has been one of the best things lately for subscribers' wallets. The latest deal is a new lock in plan that lets users purchase their next year of service for $29.99. It's a cross-promotional sale to tie in with the launch of Halo Reach, so a bonus avatar helmet is also included. Users can sign up via the XBox Live Dashboard menu prompts.

--
Original update published on September 15, 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good! Now to see if the deal is available here... It is! Yay! Sort of. It looks like it's 10 bucks more... so $39.99CND.

But wait! There's more! When I actually go to the link it tells me the only offers available are $49.99. What the hell? Maybe it's because my renewal date isn't until April.

On another note, the price increase only affects the one-month subscription here in Canada. The yearly price is staying the same. It's always been 10 bucks more a year for live here in Canada and until now the price hasn't reflected the changing value of the countries respective currencies. Basically now it's the same price in the US and Canada for a year of live.

Fantastic. This is the cheapest year of Live Gold I've paid for yet. I have a couple more years queued up from $35 cards I bought on Amazon. That's $2.78 a month for the next three years. I'll be sure to point that out to anyone who complains that Live is so expensive.

Hrm. I wonder if it's possible to buy the sub, then cancel the purchase - it says it won't be charged until your existing sub expires, so...

(I want the helmet, but I have like 3 year's worth of cards yet to be redeemed).

So I was wondering if I could do that, get the helmet, then cancel the purchase. Especially since I don't want my credit card linked to yet another account.

I can confirm that every time you add a card it pushes the purchase (and the actual charge) another year back in time.

So I was wondering if I could do that, get the helmet, then cancel the purchase. Especially since I don't want my credit card linked to yet another account.
Don't punish them for trying to do something fun for us.

Back