XBox 360 Price Drops (August 8, 2007)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Microsoft has announced that the first North American price reduction for the XBox 360 console takes effect today. The Core package is now $279, standard XBox 360 (formerly "Premium") is $349 and Elite is $449. A limited edition Halo 3-themed system with some features of the Elite (less the larger hard drive) will debut at $399 in September. North of the border, the XBox is dropping $100 in Canada to $299 (CAD) Core, $399 Premium and $499 Elite. And that's not all - Mexican Wing Commander fans can now get a Base system with a game for $3,699 (MXN) or complete console with two games for $5,199.

This is great news for fans who couldn't quite come up with the cash for a system in time for Arena's launch. Hit the Discuss link if you have any questions about what you need to get started.

--
Original update published on August 8, 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news for those without a 360!

Although the Halo 3 XBox is really not worth the price for what comes with it. It doesn't even include a regular version of Halo 3.

Good news, as the XBox 360 is currently the World's leading plataform for new WC games. I hope they reduce the price in outside of the US, too.

Great news for those without a 360!

Although the Halo 3 XBox is really not worth the price for what comes with it. It doesn't even include a regular version of Halo 3.

Well it's $400 for a standard 360 with a Halo 3 appearance. I think $50 extra is a pretty good deal for a limited edition console.

I mean, personally, I'd rather drop the extra $50 and go with the Elite, but it's not a *terrible* deal really.

Well it's $400 for a standard 360 with a Halo 3 appearance. I think $50 extra is a pretty good deal for a limited edition console.

I mean, personally, I'd rather drop the extra $50 and go with the Elite, but it's not a *terrible* deal really.

Yeah, $50 for a limited edition system commemorating a popular franchise is pretty reasonable. On top of that, the Halo set will also come with the Play & Charge Kit and it has the HDMI output from the Elite. If you could use those things, it's a better deal than the $349 Premium, and all three are much better deals than the Core.

Back