X-Wing Scale model to be launched on 06/10/07

|BoH_Havoc|

Spaceman
X-Wing Scale model to be launched on 10-06-07

I don't know if this has already been posted, but there's a couple of guys (and one gal if i remember correctly ^^) who will be launching a selfmade x-wing scale model on the 6 October 2007. They already successfully built and launched a Soviet N1 in the past, so I'm really curious on how the X-Wing will fly :)

http://www.polecataerospace.com/X-Wing.htm

Check it out, this thing is big!

edit: i screwed up the date in the title, sorry for that one :(

At least it did fly for a bit. And even if it didn't disintegrate mid-flight, were they really expecting it to land gracefully without destroying itself? :)

Were they really expecting it to land gracefully without destroying itself? :)

It had a chute, which looks like it managed to partially deploy even after it flew apart. I think the big problem was in trying to make the wings operable. Still, fun to watch for the Star-Wars-grade pyrotechnics and the announcer's shocked explitative.

I think a Longbow's rocketlike shape would be better suited for such a project. Cooler too.

I don't think Longbows are designed for atmospheric flight, though. ;) You'll have to go with a Hellcat or Excalibur. My vote's for the latter.

Those guys screwed up a little, didn't they? I mean, the structure definitely didn't handle the strength of the rockets.

Should we start writing a wish list of what fighter crafts we would like to see launched and see blow up in a blaze of glory?
>_<

Back