Wrap Your Video Card For Better Effects (August 19, 2005)

ChrisReid said:
The Test mentioned and discussed throughout this thread.

I understand it is a Demo? A separate file?

BTW, any info on the bug I reported? was it observed on other systems? Was it fixed?

Edfilho said:

You really don't know what the 3dfx test is? You can click on the link at the top of this thread and download it. It's like a demo.

cff said:
It was extremely hot back then, no argument here. However considering that we now have a working simulator in the full version of WCP I don't exactly see having a working 3dfx Test as the holy grail of WCship. Its one mission that can be easily recreated in any game that uses the vision engine.

Eh, it wouldn't be the same.

Edfilho said:

The demo before the official WCP Demo. Only worked on 3dfx cards (it was actually labelled 3dfx test IIRC). It is only a simple gauntlet mission. However there are some (small) differences to the final version of the vision engine.

Hmmm. I played it a few times yesterday ( I got up t o 11 kills on the third time... a little rusty) and it didn't crash. How long into it does it crash?

I have an AMD athlon 64 3400+, Sapphire Radeon x800xt 256MB, 160GB dual sata HDs in a raid array, 1GB of PC3200 ddr400 ram. Sound Blaster audigy 2 zs. Running winXP sp2. Compatability on the 3DFX test executable is set to win98.

Last I checked 1GB of ram still qualifies as a large amount.

The only thing of note is (it also happens with prophecy and SO with or without the glide wrapper) is that sometimes the inflight speech is clipped. Is this that audio hardware acceleration set to high problem? (Setting it to low or off should fix it?)

I'v pretty much the same system as you AD. besides that I went the GeForce route. And as I said - no problems so far. 256 video memory, 1Gb Main memory. Should qualify for huge I guess.

Dont know what to say :p

My specs are AMD 3000+, 1 gig ram, Radeon X850, Game Theater XP sound box.

Mine look pretty simular to your guys, so I have no clue why it doesn't work. Ah well, Prophecy runs fine, and that's all that matters to me. Nearly finished with it (for the very 1st time).

Theo

Cool

My hope was to inform people about the wrapper. I'm glad I was able to help anothe 'Wind Commander' geek in the world.

Моя надежда состояла в том, чтобы сообщить людям об обертке. Я рад, что я был в состоянии помочь анас 'Командующий Ветра' выродок в мире.

Theodore
Теодор

The link to the 3DFX test in this thread is broken. But I managed to find the file in the FILES link on the main page and install the test.

I'm glad it worked on the test. I plan to reinstall prophecy although if I remember correctly, the last time I tried installing the game, the movies played very very fast or not at all.

Nowadays, I think people tend to use the OpenGL renderer developed as part of Standoff, although I'm still waiting for it to be compatible with the DVD movies patch for Prophecy (unless I missed that update).

The "very very fast" movies sounds like the movie skip bug for which a patch is already available, but using the DVD-quality movies renders it irrlevant anyway.

Back