Would you let spread the bio-virus among the kilrathis?

Would you fight the kilrathi with the deadly plague??

• Hell yeah! Death and destruction to all dawn kilrathis, their all the same. Mankind must win and sur

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • No! To spread a deadly plague among the kilrathis is unfair and terrible! They have a right to life,

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • Yeah.. since they did use bioweapons against us..

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Valkyrie

Spaceman
Would you let spride the bio-virus among the kilrathis?

Hello hotshots :) ,

I´ve a question to you all...the question refers to the "Wing Commander Academy" TV-Series, Episode 10.

In this episode, a doctor captured a kilrathi on a small planet and brought him to a private lab for...biological research. Then she infected the kilrathi with with a deadly virus (for the kilrathi race).
After this, she let the kilrathi flying home. (In fact, to spread the plague among the kilrathis)

In the series the kilrathi didn´t reach his home because Archer killed him before.

So, would YOU let the kilrathi flying home?? The war would be very nice and much easier for mankind while the kilrathis are dying trough the plague. Many human lives would have been spared!
Or would you killed the kilrathi pilot, because its bad and unfair to kill the enemy with biological weapons?? But without the plague, the war will be much more harder...and many humans (soldiers AND civilists) will die! (Way too much, I suppose.)

Vote please, and sorry for my very bad english...I can´t say it often enough, I apologize. :)

I say let the Kat civilians survive. If nothing else, they'll make great pets when we win the hard way.

Nope.

'Cuz when they realized that they were plagued, they'd drop all the strontium-90 clad thermonukes and attack with everything they had.

After all, a foe with nothing to lose is the most dangerous foe.

Then, there would probably be open rebellion in Confed once it was revealed that Confed had let loose the plague. Every sect, organization, or whatnot would go at it, leaving the Confed in ruins.

So, no plague.

I'd rather "spread" said deadly virus among a "pride" of kitties than to "spride" it anywhere... :D

You cannot fight evil with evil.

To use evil to destroy evil, makes you as evil as those you wish to defeat.

I have a strong sense of nobility during war, it is so strong that I find it distasteful to complete "evil" endings to games.

You talkin' to me, bub?...
I was bustin' on the guys' spelling, not advocating use of bioweapons... :rolleyes:

Save your bustin' for sloppy native English speakers, not foreigners who are trying.

At any rate, there's now a third option to vote for. :)

No for two reasons:
a) at this time in the war the human side was in a rather good position (another question would have been in WC3)
b) it would result in retaliation with similar weapons agains the humans.

One thing you would have to consider is whether or not the Kats could trace the virus to human origins. It looked like the Kat was being pretty well taken care of in captivity, so he probably wouldn't have suspected he was infected. Not that bio-warfare would have made that much of a difference anyway, the Kats would have probably quarrantined the carrier group experiencing the plague.

I guess the real question here is what people consider to be the right way to kill others, in my opinion there isn't much difference between bullets and bio-hazards.

What's this option I see about "Yeah, since they did use bioweapons against us?" I don't recall any of the games mentioning a bioweapons attack on Confed. Then again, I haven't played most of the games ...

If they DID use bioweapons, I dunno - perhaps we should give them a virus. After all, if they're the kind to gloat about how they have honor and we don't - and then use a bioweapon on us, what gives them the right to say such a cowardly tactic is honorable? They should get a taste of their own medicine; Develop a nanotech-based bioweapon like the Black Lance's Gen Select program, or Deus Ex' Gray Death, and let it loose among the Kilrathi military.

If they haven't though, I don't see much of an impetus to do so.

On the other hand, what about blowing up planets or devastating them? If you're worried about not causing collateral damage, I'd think the last thing you'd want to do is blow up a world with tons of civilians on it.

Then again, weighing such a tactic against a bioweapon that could spread through an entire spacefaring race... Well, once a race colonizes a few light years worth of star systems, planetary devastation such as nuclear war just doesn't seem as horrifying...

Hm.

Well, here's where I stand. If, in the WC timeline, they DID use bioweapons against Confed, I'd say respond to them in kind. If they didn't, then no.

Kilrathi rule!

I was a little stupid kid at this time as I get my first WC anno 1992-93, it was the second one. And I was fascinated as I saw Thrakhath at the picture backside from the game box. I was concepting a cat like alien race and the Kilrathi was a bit similar to my alien concept. I thought the Kilrathi were friends of the human ConFed, because I didn't know the story and I only played the Demo of WC 1, once time.

Then I accept that the enemy was the Kilrathi, but it will never change, that my favourite element in the WC scenario were the Kilrathi.

With other words, I would never attack the Kilrathi with perfide weapons and other cowardly attempts to destroy something, which we don't understand.
Rather I would take them as pets or as our ultimate masters... ;)

Trev-MUN said:
What's this option I see about "Yeah, since they did use bioweapons against us?" I don't recall any of the games mentioning a bioweapons attack on Confed. Then again, I haven't played most of the games ...

There are at least two lacess where it's known that the Kilrathi used bioweapons, Repleetah and the Locanda system.

Repleetah's story is mentioned in the WC1 manual (one of the war history snippets), touched on a bit in a WCA(tv) episode (name forgotten, offhand; Grunt was evacuated from Repleetah due to injuries sustained in battle), and mentioned in WC4 as well as in the WCP guide article on Dekker (another Repleetah veteran that got evacuated).

Long story short: the Kilrathi attacked a group of human researchers with bioweapons, both sides rushed in forces to fight for the planet, and eventually wound up abandoning it for other objectives, leaving the remaining forces on the planet unsupported. The seige finally ended when the remaining human combatants, lead by Miles D'Arby, attacked the remaining Kilrathi combatants. The two forces killed one another off, leaving the planet a rather unpleasant place to live.

Locanda is in WC3, the homeworld of one of the TCS Victory pilots, Robin "Flint" Peters. Locanda was a planet that the Kilrathi had been using as a source of human slave labor for a while, and was chosen to serve as a "lesson" for the humans. The game gave you the option of heading off the attack, delivered by capship missiles, but for the purposes of "official" history the novelization's take on it, involving Strakhas providing cover for Skipper missiles (so named for their "skipping" into and out of cloak, for the purpose of correcting navigational/targeting inaccuracies), some of the attack gets through to infect the entire planet, making it unlivable for a long time (half-life, according to Captain Eisen, the Victory's CO, of 500 years).

It's possible there's other points the issue comes up, but those are the two that come to mind off the top of my head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Locanda was one of three systems attacked simultaneously with Kilrathi bioweapons - Trafalgar and Delius suffered the same fates.

I think vaporizing their homeworld was plenty enough. However, I'm all for hearing more about this sexy swimming race. It sounds like a new way to fight wars...

Well as I've played through the entire series and read most of the novels, hindsight is great.

You know the Kilrathi are going to nuke and bio us in the end when we barely have anything left to hold the line. So to those out there that are saying the cats will become twice as likely to nuke Confed Worlds...THEY ARE GOING TO ANYWAY! Get the hairballs hard and fast first. It's war not diplomacy. The cats aren't going to give humanity any quarter. And during the last few years of the war, neither side held punches. Get it all out there as soon as you can if you have it. Save TERRAN lives. The Confed didn't enter the war with any notion of saving Kilrathi lives. It was retaliation for unwarrented attacks.

In conclusion: Give the cats the plague. Who knows, it might just kill of the Emperor and Thrak first. Civil War follows, BILLIONS OF CONFED LIVES SAVED!

Locanda is out of the topic however as Valkyrie specified the timeframe of WCATV.

Back