wishes wishes... prequel?

If there was a new WC prequel game, what era should it be?

• Pilgrim wars

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Initial kilrathi conflicts (begining of the war)

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Early kilrathi war (between first contact and WC1)

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • During 10 year period after destruction of tiger's claw

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • between wc2 so2 and wc3.

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • time period parallel to existing games but centered on different pilots and carrier groups

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by junior

Heh.
I find it ironic that over the ten year period between WC1 and WC2, the Confederation uses the exact same medium fighter (and its feeling a little outdated in WC2), while two years later in WC3, the entire range of fighters has been completely replaced.
The most important event leading to the mass replacement in those two years was the Battle of Terra, where Confed lost the majority of its ships, of every class.

Even barring that fact, it's not terribly unusual for large-scale replacements of this nature during wartime. Take WWII as an example: in two years ('42-'44), the USNavy pretty much replaced its entire inventory of front-line aircraft -- Hellcat for Wildcat, Avenger for Devastator, and Helldiver for Dauntless. These aircraft served for years, then were rapidly replaced by jet aircraft.

Everything goes in cycles.

Originally posted by junior

Heh.
I find it ironic that over the ten year period between WC1 and WC2, the Confederation uses the exact same medium fighter (and its feeling a little outdated in WC2), while two years later in WC3, the entire range of fighters has been completely replaced.

This, however, is inaccurate -- the only fighters new to the timeline in WC3 are the Thunderbolt (2668) and Excalibur (2669). The others were all around during WC1/2.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

This, however, is inaccurate -- the only fighters new to the timeline in WC3 are the Thunderbolt (2668) and Excalibur (2669). The others were all around during WC1/2.

the hellcat v

you see

is timeless

:cool:

Pilgrim War. All the others, except the early war category has been done. Although, they were done in a novel.

The trouble with that is that we know next to nothing about the Mantu, and that's a fairly obscure period in WC history. I don't see much profit in a game that covers such a war.

I vote for the Pilgrim wars, because whichever side I fought on, I would be killing Terrans. Hmmm, maybe that's the reason why WC4 is my favorite game. :D

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Raptor
I vote for the Pilgrim wars, because whichever side I fought on, I would be killing Terrans. Hmmm, maybe that's the reason why WC4 is my favorite game. :D

But surely you'd rather fight the Mantu since they HUMILIATED you 200 years before encountering us "furless freaks?" :)

They were the ones who withdrew, not us. And the furless freaks taste much better with ketchup. :D

Best, Raptor

Back