Wings of Glory issues

Wulf

Vice Admiral
Hopefully someone's played this, I'm taking a shot in the dark here...

After installing DOSbox, and the game, initial game sartup was successful. I can also load a game, look at the different planes, start a game, and view cinematics..oh and the music is fine. I start to load an actual mission, however, and it freezes up.

Anyone been to this point or have any ideas?

P.S. I will be finding Strike Commander, Armada, and other Origin goodies, so I may be on here quite a bit :p

I bet it's not actually freezing. Hit Control+F12 to ratchet it up to 6000-7000 cycles and let it sit for a minute.

So.. why don't you tell us what the problem is when you try to install it?

So mount the CD-ROM as a CD-ROM and install from there. When it prompts you, hit Enter and the installation will finish.

I put it up to 10,000 and had it sit for about 3 minutes, still no-go. Anything else I can do?

EDIT: I noticed I forgot to adjust the framerate, which solved the matter. However, now the dialogue text doesn't show up. :S

Wulf said:
I put it up to 10,000 and had it sit for about 3 minutes, still no-go. Anything else I can do?
EDIT: I noticed I forgot to adjust the framerate, which solved the matter.

10,000 was probably too much. You just have to sit and wait. The missions take a while to load.

Wulf said:
However, now the dialogue text doesn't show up. :S

Buying the game fixes this.

QuailPilot said:
what is error #1910 because that is what I get.

The game doesn't see your CD-ROM.

i tried copying all the files from the cd to a folder to install it. It still has that insert disk two. I pushed enter and other keys several time but it would not continue.

You're sure that you've defined your physical CD-drive as a CD-drive inside DOSbox again?
Have you set EMS=false?

If you've never used DOSbox before, take a minute to get used to the setup procedure - or use one of the Windows frontends available at their site which makes setting up much easier and quicker. I'm using DFend, but DOSboxer looks good too.

I use the dosbox offten for Elder Scrolls:Arena, and Rott. I have set ems to false, and I have tried load fix.

Wulf said:
Aww, that's cold!

There are no subtitles.

QuailPilot said:
I use the dosbox offten for Elder Scrolls:Arena, and Rott. I have set ems to false, and I have tried load fix.

If you can't install it, loadfix isn't going to help you. Like criticalmass said, either mount your physical CD-ROM as a CD-ROM or define your folder full of the CD-ROM contents as an A: floppy type and it'll work.

Speaking of Wings of Glory, I could never get the joystick to work in Dosbox, although the rest of the game runs fine.

I got it working fully! To view the text in the cutscenes:

As soon as you're through with a mission, exit to DOS.

Enter SNDTEST.

Change configuration, select Sound Blaster, and when you get to the screen where you see 220 as default, change it to 280 at the bottom.

After configuring is complete, escape to go back to DOS, enter WG to restart.

View the cutscenes, then go back and reconfigure to what it was so you can load missions successfully.

Happy gaming! This sure is a golden oldie :D

I finally got the installer to work in dosbox but then it says there is not enough room for it on the hard drive. I check the hard drive... it has enough room.

Back