Wingmen Experience Level

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
This was one of the big new features in WC2 -- anyone born after that can't appreciate how special it was. :)
So LOAF, are you saying that my wingmen's abilities (in WC3/4) will improve if I pick them to fly with me more often or is there ability derived solely from morale? Here is a quote from the guide I ran across:

Flying and talking (preferably with high morale choices) with your wingmen help increase their skills and improve their attitude. So try to spread out your assignments equally. Otherwise, if you always fly with a specific wingman and lady luck decides to turn against him/her on a specific mission, you will be left alone with a bunch of rookies on your wing - rookies who won't follow your orders.

Frequency of choice is actually a component of moral in WC3... so, moral is what directly affects flying ability.

I tried to balance it out by giving all of the wingmen a chance to fly in WCIII. Did the same with WCIV. Made them all feel like they were a part of something, which helped in the missions.

RFBurns

I could tolerate all the choices except Flash. It seemed as though he was a copy of Maniac only minus the skill so I never used him unless it was for the REALLY easy missions. Maybe I'll go through the game again and play him exclusively.

Originally posted by Zor Prime
Not me. I always flew with Cobra! WC3. And Maniac, WC4
With Cobra? That was clear... ;)
In Wc3 I flew only with Hobbes, Vagabond and Maniac (for old times' sake). In Wc4 I chose only the non-plot Wingmen (e.g. Blade or Excell) because I wanted to see how much kills the game allocates to these plot-critical wingmen.

Back