Wingman bios online?

Originally posted by Battler Hawke

But what about the mans rep it can have move impact than rank.
;) If I remember right he was a living lagon.:)

Yes, according to WCP Iceman was one of the most decorated pilots in Confed. But he only racked up 367 kills so I wonder what his big accomplishments were in his 9 years career.
(well, he was onboard the Claw)

BTW, do you still want to be corrected on spelling errors?
If so, then I think you wanted to write "living legend. "

Maybe for his time 367 kills was a lot, remember that Blair (IIRC) is the 11th Ace and Maniac the 14th in the TC, i don think that the other ten killed more kilrathis than Blair and Maniac

Yes, one man's exploits aren't always shown through his kill score. Still, I'd like to know what Iceman's big exploits were.

Ha!

Well, if Confed is anything like today's US Air Force, then he probably got most of his decorations for community service and working at HQ....

:rolleyes:

You also forgot when you hit General, you pin a pair of TODs to your chest for serving in 'Nam even though you weren't there. ;)

I was refering to the 2 star general who commited suicide a number of years ago, after they found out he had given himself such decorations. It was a huge scandal, but he killed himself before it became public.

TOD = Tour of Duty. I may have the terminology wrong, but I'm refering to those little bars that soldiers wear on their uniforms, opposite their nametags.

Ribbons

They're called ribbons, yes. Although LeHah is correct in calling the 'Nam service ribbons TODs. TOD is the slang term when referring to ribbons signifying participation in overseas campaigns (ie Operation Desert Storm, Vietnam).

I've been trying to get good shots of the Wing Commander characters with their ribbons on. Admiral Tolwyn has a few Air Force ones and I think I spotted a couple of Marine ones too....

Back