Wing One Update: Tracks 14, 15 and 16 Added (August 14, 2007)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Do good things really come in threes? They seem to, these days. The Fatman has released three more tracks from Wing One: Eject Upcoming Rescue (14), Rec Room - Swing Commander (15) and Dull Patrol (16). My favorite of the bunch has to be Swing Commander - it reminds me of all the good times chatting with Shotglass and my wingmen. At this rate, we'll be done in no time...

--
Original update published on August 14, 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
I really can't remember where Dull Patrol came from, if it was in the original PC game at all. But yeah, Swing Commander always sounds great - a nice relaxing contrast to the combat tunes.

WTF? I don't think I've ever heard Dead Patrol before. Was this an in-game track, or music that was lost to the ages?

WTF? I don't think I've ever heard Dead Patrol before. Was this an in-game track, or music that was lost to the ages?

I don't know where it came from, but it is, in my opinion, the weakest part of the album. It doesn't sound like any of the other music, it seems totally out of place. :(

No... pretty sure it's Dead Patrol. Go ahead and check it again.

I'm suddenly extra-excited by Wing One. It'd be just about the best thing ever if there were more "unheard" Team Fat Wing Commander tracks in there.

Look, I bought and paid for the track, and it's definitely Dead Patrol. I've attached a screenshot as proof.

Even though I'm 100% correct on the Dead Patrol topic... I should also mention, before Chris corrects me on this one too, that it's highly unlikely there are any "unheard" Team Fat Wing Commander tracks out there. Since Team Fat themselves would probably have heard them at some point. I would like to retract that entire (and completely ridiculous) statement.

Attachments

• dead.patrol.png
    dead.patrol.png
    117.8 KB · Views: 181

Like you said, go and check it again. That's why I provided the link: http://amiestreet.com/albums/wingone

I bought and paid for the track, and it's definitely Dead Patrol.

If you bought it immediately after the last batch went live, there were a whole bunch of typos in Tracks 15 and 16. It took Fatman several hours to fix them. Never heard of that typo though.

I've attached a screenshot as proof.

Me too.

Even though I'm 100% correct on the Dead Patrol topic...

http://amiestreet.com/albums/wingone

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though I'm 100% correct on the Dead Patrol topic...

I'm not really sure how to approach this. Are you just being an jerk for fun or are you serious? Because that matters a little bit. If he renamed it to "Dull Patrol", then that's pretty interesting... but if so, why are you specifically being an asshole about it? It's pretty clearly "Dull Patrol" at the website (and my file is "dull_Patrol")... so is this some stupid ego thing with you renaming files and bitching at Chris, or was the name changed for some reason?

I should also mention, before Chris corrects me on this one too, that it's highly unlikely there are any "unheard" Team Fat Wing Commander tracks out there. Since Team Fat themselves would probably have heard them at some point. I would like to retract that entire (and completely ridiculous) statement.

Also, this is easily the stupidest thing anyone has ever posted anywhere on the internet.

Also, this is easily the stupidest thing anyone has ever posted anywhere on the internet.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was going for. That and ridiculousness. I just mistyped it the first time around and ran with it.

What's even more ridiculous, is that I took a screenshot, and then realized that I had to edit the metadata to say "Dead Patrol" too, instead of just the file name. So I went back, changed the id4 tags, and took another screenshot.

Here is a winking emoticon to show that I was just kidding: ; )

Back