Wing IV DVD-ROM

It means that the game busted its virtual condom :p

Sorry, but that one was entirely too easy . . . I couldn't pass it up.

I downloaded the newest patch for Power DVD and it plays most of the movies in game, there are a few points in the game (such as the movies with choices) that it screws up and says movie not available. For those trying to play it in windows xp and get an error as the game starts, I fixed this by changing the compatibility option to include windows 95

Upon further review, I have found that Power DVD gets confused by the Movie Tree structure of the interactive movie portions of Wing IV. The movie files on the DVD are not all in exact sequence as you can choose one option or the other and if the option you choose is not the exact next file in the movie library on the DVD then it throws "cannot find "X" movie" error... will test Wing IV again when my DXR3 card comes (I live on the west coast and it is coming from the east coast) and I am hopeful that the Win XP drivers work I downloaded from creative...

No, but Wing IV is using Power DVD to help decode the video sequences... I am running just Wing IV, but I can use Power DVD to watch the video sequences outside of the game...

rjspring said:
No, but Wing IV is using Power DVD to help decode the video sequences...

Wait, do you mean you managed to get Wing IV to play the video in-game with the help of PowerDVD??

Yes I did, up until you have to make a choice during an interactive movie sequence.... when you choose path A or B in the movie the game (PowerDVD helping decode) gets confused and throws a "cannot find movie "X"" error. This is using PowerDVD version 4 with the upgrade released in Jan 2003. I am NOT running both PowerDVD and Wing IV at the same time. I am just running Wing IV, but since PowerDVD is installed WinXP is using PowerDVD to help decode the video sequences in the game. I got an error message before I installed the patch telling me that WingIV could not run due to a problem with PowerDVD and after the patch everything is working as I have described...

Back