Wing IV DVD-ROM

I got the video to play using WinDVD just fine, except that the game wouldn't detect end of movie properly, resulting in movie "hanging" after the result of your decision was shown.

i got lucky :D
i friend of mine had the DVD version of the game, but never played it. so now it's mine. all i need now is a dvd player in my computer

I got the DVD in the mail today, the movie and audio quality are unbelievable! I am playing them in Power DVD as the DXR3 decoder is in the mail to my house at this moment. This brings back a flood of good memories and Wing IV has never looked so good!

rjspring said:
I got the DVD in the mail today, the movie and audio quality are unbelievable! I am playing them in Power DVD as the DXR3 decoder is in the mail to my house at this moment. This brings back a flood of good memories and Wing IV has never looked so good!
Good for you, now fix the card and start playing! :mad:

Hmm, does the DXR3 (well, Hollywood+ in my case) count as a video card? Because it'd be neat to brag about WC Computer having *three* video cards.

... and five sound cards. Hurrah!

Bandit LOAF said:
Hmm, does the DXR3 (well, Hollywood+ in my case) count as a video card? Because it'd be neat to brag about WC Computer having *three* video cards.
... and five sound cards. Hurrah!

Um....won't the 5 of them fight over power?!

Bandit LOAF said:
Hmm, does the DXR3 (well, Hollywood+ in my case) count as a video card? Because it'd be neat to brag about WC Computer having *three* video cards. ... and five sound cards. Hurrah!

If the TV Wonder counts as a video card, then I've got four video cards. Only one sound card though.

I've always wanted to hook up my computer in a movie theater, and play Wing Commander on a huge screen, with theater sound. That would rule.

LOAF: How do you menage to get enough interrupts for 5 soundcards and 2 1/2 vid cards?
My 3 vidcards are driving me crazy already

overmortal said:
. . . and play Wing Commander on a huge screen . . .
2 words . . . data projector. High quality data projector + large wall + good sound system = great gaming/movie/TV show experience (we watched the super bowl one year on a 60 foot wide wall and with a friends dolby surround sound system. It was worth the effort :)). Screw big screen TV's, IMO data projectors are the only way to go.

C-ya

Actually, my church has several projectors such as you speak. Only problem is that it's hard to convince them that a bunch of drinking, swearing, fornicating pilots are a good place to put my attention.

i got a problem with the game...
as it starts up it says "virtual protection() failed"
anybody knows what this means?

Back