Wing Commander3

binaural218

Spaceman
Hi there. Does anyone know if there is a way to view the cockpit in WC3 for Playstation? I know that it can be done for PC, but I can't seem to figure it out.

wc3 cockpit

i find the cockpit in wc3 pccd anoying with targetting, but it adds something extra in the game. every fighter has a diffirent cockpit, and personaly i think the longbow has one of the nicest

Well, I loved the cockpits. Sure, they hurt your visibilty and certain ships in certain games were impossible to dogfight with because of that (Tarsus) but it added some more of the 'immersion' aspect to the games. I felt like I was going to deck Jazz, Hobbes after what they do, etc... No cockpit makes the thing feel like freespace. as in Flight Engine, no story. I loved the humorous dialogues and interesting chats in-game, and sorely missed that in some... Other flight sims. Now, I hope this doesn't become a WC vs FS thread...

Oh yes, I LOATHED the Sabre Cockpit for some reason... I don't know why. I liked the comic-booky high-tech morninstar cockpit though.

ok, lets straighten this out guys, WC is a SPACE OPERA, Freespace 2 is a SPACE FLIGHT SIM the two are VERY different, WC Is a massive saga of legendary proportions it IS the story freespace two is a brilliant game with a story added on to make it a bit more fun and to try to give it a little bit more depth, you cannot compare the two, the only comparison that you could make is in the graphics in which case freespace 2 blows away wcp, other than that there is no place for comparison, the storyline of WC is superior because it IS a storyline, WC is for the story freespace is for the graphics/gameplay.

ok, lets straighten this out guys, WC is a SPACE OPERA, Freespace 2 is a SPACE FLIGHT SIM the two are VERY different

Firstoff, Wing Commander is *in no way* a space opera.

Freespace is a Wing Commander ripoff. It copies the gameplay of Wing Commander. Because of this it is *THE EXACT SAME GENRE*. If you cannot compare the seminal space combat game and a direct copy of said space combat game, you're probably not smart enough to breathe.

They are the same genre -- they are almost the same game. You fly around in the same perspective and blow up the same 3D enemy fighters. It is easy to compare these two things.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
They are the same genre -- they are almost the same game. You fly around in the same perspective and blow up the same 3D enemy fighters. It is easy to compare these two things.

Sure, in the same way that Half-Life is a ripoff of Unreal, which is a ripoff of Quake, which is a ripoff of Duke 3D, which is a ripoff of Doom, which blah blah blah... I *REALLY* don't want to get into this argument right now... :)

Suffice to say WC is a -space combat simulator- with a -space opera storyline-. Freespace has most of the same elements and is definatly in the same genre, even if the two take slightly...different approaches. Sort of.

(I don't think Freespace has the same 'space opera' feel as the WC series. Maybe it had something to do with the utter lack of character...or perhaps there wasn't enough singing...)

Originally posted by Darkmage
the only comparison that you could make is in the graphics in which case freespace 2 blows away wcp

Of course it blows away Prophecy. The FS2 engine was made years after the Vision engine was...

TC

Sure, in the same way that Half-Life is a ripoff of Unreal, which is a ripoff of Quake, which is a ripoff of Duke 3D, which is a ripoff of Doom, which blah blah blah... I *REALLY* don't want to get into this argument right now...

Yes, exactly in this same way. And if anyone in the universe were stupid enough to say "You can't possibly compare Half Life to Quake because Half Life is a Three-Dimensonal Underground Opera and Quake is a Three-Dimensional Space Marine Simulator!", they'd be dragged out into the street and shot, and then have bricks thrown at them, and then fed to a horse and then shot again. And then they'd shoot the horse. And burn it.

they'd be dragged out into the street and shot, and then have bricks thrown at them, and then fed to a horse and then shot again. And then they'd shoot the horse. And burn it.

...and people say playing violent games causes violent behavior...:D

I'm going to rip off their legs and beat them to death with them because they called me violent!!!
:D

Originally posted by -<Stiletto>-

I'm going to rip off their legs and beat them to death with them :D

*English accent,old geezer look,ex-roadie for The Stones*
Now the shopkeeper and his son, that's a different story all together. We had to beat them to death with their own shoes.
*English accent,old geezer look,ex-roadie for The Stones*

Just gotta love Wayne's World, don't ya? :D

You people and your Star Raiders rip-offs!

:p

Regardless of what anyone's personal opinions of FS and WC (and the X-Wing series) might be, I'd give a lot just to be able to play a new space combat sim right now (with unrealistic physics - IW2 is good, but sometimes I'd prefer a less complicated flight model).

Back