wing commander

revilo

Spaceman
is origin planning on continuing the wc series?

wing commander prophecy's storyline was a big disappointment too...the niphilim got beat down so fast by the humans, but it took them 50 years to tame some kitties? it ended too abruptly.

i'd like to see armada 2...

[Edited by revilo on 03-08-2001 at 23:37]

There are no imidiate plans, but there's always hope. Space-sims all that profitable as of late, mmp games have. That will all change with time, at which point we could very well see more wing commander.

The only wing commander stuff around are mods and fan made games. But still, that's something

Yes an enhanced Armada would be great. With the ability to built capships and you can still play both sides. But then the ships should be equal and not the Kilrathi fighters so inferior, except for the Shok'lar, compared to their Terran counterparts. The Jrathek was acceptable though.
But, alas, nothing is planned. :(

With all these fan made mods etc, someone should be contacting EA/OSI for permission to make a new game. From the looks of things were in for quite a long wait!

RFBurns

That's already been done, somewhat...

EA wouldn't give us the source code, even for the older WC games.

***wing commander prophecy's storyline was a big disappointment too...the niphilim got beat down so fast by the humans, but it took them 50 years to tame some kitties? it ended too abruptly. ***

Erm, 2629-2669, by my count that's 30 years to defeat the Kilrathi, and the Nephilim are far from defeated.....

Originally posted by Earthworm
Erm, 2629-2669, by my count that's 30 years to defeat the Kilrathi, and the Nephilim are far from defeated.....

Wow. Your count is wrong. It should be 40 years.

Feh, all your counts are wrong -- the war started on 2634.186 and ended on 2669.267...

35 years, 88 days.

Those big bugs make some mighty nice gumbo... and in Privateer 2, Joe offers you space bug gumbo. Hmmmmmm!

There's your P2 connection to WC! The mystery is solved, Privateer 2 is a WC game, because it has the Nephilim in it!:)

Back