Wing Commander TV Show

Excelsis

Spaceman
Is this for real? A wing commander live action TV show. Anyone got any details? I scanned the past articles at the CIC but I didn't see anything... Sort of like Space above and Beyond? Take out Kitty von Richter???:cool:

Has anyone tried emailing the company that is making the tv show to get details? Perhaps they would do a interview. Although I doubt they would tell us anything.

Code:
                    \|||/    
                    (o o)               
           ,----ooO--(_)-------.    
           | Please            |            
           |   don't feed the  |  
           |     TROLL's !     |   
           '--------------Ooo--'  
                   |__|__| 
                    || ||   
                   ooO Ooo
Either stop bringing this up every other post, or you're gone.

Originally posted by Delta_Strife
Has anyone tried emailing the company that is making the tv show to get details? Perhaps they would do a interview. Although I doubt they would tell us anything.

I tried but they never responded.

Originally posted by Ripper
Just hope its better than the.......movie?

I second that, a lot of the fans try and accept the movie into the timeline, ignore the fact it was appaulingly written but I can't, especially not after playing a game such as WCIV. But I wouldn't complain if some of the feelings the movie introduced were kept...
They handled Rosies death well IMO, the music was enjoyable and the combat scenes tense so I guess that means it was well directed, congrats Chris Roberts!
But definatley not well written or even concieved, hire a different writer for the TV show and the reviews would sky rocket. On a personal note though I would love to actually see the visual style of the games return.

I thought the movie was quite good...

only parts that really bugged me was that Halycon was not WC and that it was called the Tiger Claw instead of the Tiger's Claw...

and there was no feel for the war... no cat hatred... but yeah i liked it :)

everyone has opinions tho hehe

Originally posted by Ripper
Just hope its better than the.......movie?

Don't even start, the movie shouldn't even be discussed about whether or not it was good or not. Starting conversations like that will just create arguments. I can't wait to see the TV show. I hope that it is with real actors instead of a cartoon, but that is just my opinion.

I wonder if it will be like star trek or more like Babylon 5. or maybe even like Space above and beyond.

Star Trek is more peaceful and diplomatic.
Babylon 5 is more diplomatic.
I believe it will be more like Space Above and Beyond.

There was talk that roberts wants to use CG for the Kilrathi...

But I was thinking (while watching LOTR) that another way roberts might get the kilrathi to look more effective could be similar to that used to make the hobbits appear smaller than normal people. Peter Jackson shot most scenes using perspective and such... For example, you make wheel bigger than there supposed to be and the person is smaller looking in the final shots..

So why not make the Kilrathi humans in cat suits... quite agile and then shoot in perspective... then only some shots need touched up with computer graphics to give the looming eight foot tall kilrathi killing machince look he was going for... Comments?..

AD

Originally posted by AD
So why not make the Kilrathi humans in cat suits... quite agile and then shoot in perspective... then only some shots need touched up with computer graphics to give the looming eight foot tall kilrathi killing machince look he was going for... Comments?..

It works fine until you've got both a human and a kilrathi in the same shot. Then you've got to go edit it in order to get the perspective right.
Unfortunately, though, there's an even bigger problem. No matter how well the perspective issues are dealt with, an actor in a kilrathi suit is still an actor in a kilrathi suit. Assuming that kilrathi have a slightly different skeletal structure and musculature from that of a human, only CG can properly capture the full range of kilrathi movements and gestures.

I wonder if it will be like star trek or more like Babylon 5. or maybe even like Space above and beyond.

I doubt it will be like Star Trek. Star Trek is more about exploration and such...(although, if it IS in fact based on the movie...they could get a good Trek style episode about the NAVCOM)

I hope it's not like Babylon 5, because I don't like Babylon 5.

I imagine it could be similar to SAAB.

But the Wing Commander movie is a lot like Wing Commander. :(

Originally posted by LeHah
But the Wing Commander movie is a lot like Wing Commander. :(

I bought the movie of course but it didn't do the books or the games justice.

I hated the fighters in the movie, the rapiers looked more like something from a WW2 movie and not space fighters.

Originally posted by Bellerophon

I hated the fighters in the movie, the rapiers looked more like something from a WW2 movie and not space fighters.
Yeah, stupid jet fighter with barrel neutron-laser-missiles-guns

Back