Wing Commander Tactics Rapier done

ohh, stupid me...i thought you were talking about the size of the game maps(levels)
texutre map size can be 1024², but that's not worth it for fighters.
the rapier has 512² and the hornet has even only 256x256
this pic should give you an idea about the size of capships and fighters, and that's usually what you get to see of them(and this is a broadsword-size gunship)

Attachments

• img_large152.jpg
    img_large152.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 269
hmm...i'd make em all 512, and do them up really nice. if you need some help, contact me and i can give you a run through on how to make some...well, kick ass textures. i learned from Howard Day, and i'll be more than happy to teach you.

Well, if it is for NExus, then I think it is good... The cap ships are the big deal anyway.

Nexus fighters are pretty detailed when you get down to it - I'd say certainy worth the effort of decent textures.

Excited

First off, lemme say how much I'm looking foward to this mod for nexus. I really like the fact that in nexus you don't have to spend all your energy and time building things and you can focus instead on blowing things up!

I gotta ask, where did Howard learn to do what he does? And why didn't they use him for the WC Movie!?! lol.

Chevieblazer said:
well, even he couldn't have saved the kilrathis from becoming chiwawa

Eh, I don't really see the resemblance.
prem09.jpg
chewbacca.lg.jpg

(If you can't spell chihuahua, you're not allowed to make fun of the WC Movie)

Last edited by a moderator:
lol!
that is chewbakka!
a chiwawa is a dog with no fur, and since the kilrathis lost their fur and about 90% of their menacing look even the puppets in WC3 still had...

If you can't spell chihuahua, you're not allowed to make fun of the WC Movie. I don't know how you can begin to make assumptions about their fur, since more than 90% of their bodies are covered by their suits. All you can see are their face, and they do have whiskers.

the kilrathis lost their fur and about 90% of their menacing look even the puppets in WC3 still had...

those puppets still had a certain characteristic look especially the emperor..

get over it, the movie could have been done (a lot) better, but it's been done.

Mace said:
those puppets still had a certain characteristic look especially the emperor..

Oh wonderful, we get to talk about what the Kilrathi *really* look like.

kilrathi_poll_wc1t.gif

kilrathi_poll_wc2t.jpg

kilrathi_poll_wcat.jpg

kilrathi_poll_wc3t.jpg

kilrathi_poll_wc4t.jpg

kilrathi_poll_wcmt.jpg

Seems some people have a thing against hats, not hair (or lack thereof).

Mace said:
get over it, the movie could have been done (a lot) better, but it's been done.

I wasn't the one that brought them up in this thread. Perhaps you could do (a lot) better to fix your reading comprehension.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, ok, let's not go any further in that. i mean, you could have me whining about that movie all day (especially since 10 years ago, i wanted to become a director specifically to make a wc movie and than that) let's just say the only thing i really liked about it was the soundtrack, and they had a lot of good templates and threw it all away to come up with new stuff that was all screwed. nuff said

So...... got any more shots of that Rapier? maybe like, landing on that cool carrier of yours? or dogfighting that great Dralti of yours?

I'm just asking 'cause I like visuals... that all.

Back