Wing Commander Tactical Ops

delMar

Rear Admiral
Hi,
quick question: any link or resource related to Wing Commander Tactical Ops seems to be offline.
Is there some other place where all these things can be found?
Or does someone have the downloads still?

Thanks

Is there anything specific you're looking for? I've got the last version of the official rules, the token sheets and a set of stat cards for WC1 craft.

Rules would be fine.
Anything you have in a digital format highly appreciated

Thanks!

I've got links to the rules here, fighter tokens here, and the WC1 expansion set here. Anything else I've got is personal notes. I did go ahead and make an attempt a while back to make a functional tabletop version of the game; while I don't have any notes there that I can share, I can go ahead and talk about the components/procedures/etc. Also note that, to my knowledge anyway, the campaign section was still under development when work on the game came to a halt.

Nice stuff, thanks!

On another note: I've been browsing through the WC-RPG manual.
First of all: hats off. That's really impressive.

Quick question: the manual doesn't mention experience points, promotions, increasing skills or anything else on character development.
What's your suggested approach here?

Quick question: the manual doesn't mention experience points, promotions, increasing skills or anything else on character development.
What's your suggested approach here?

This is all covered in Chapter 11.1, in the Resolution sub-section. Like most things in the GM section, it's admittedly (though purposely) a tad vague.

The method recommended there for increasing skill points is for the GM to award players skill points for critical successes and to consider skill deductions for botches (actually, it recommends the deduction but I've had five years to consider this and depending on the attitude of your players it may not be the best of ideas; certainly makes sense, though). Promotions are another potential reward for an adventure/mission, though those are completely up to the GM's discretion, and gaining Talents or Complications (or mitigating them) falls along the same general lines. The game doesn't use XP; in my research prior to SFRPG's development (WCRPG's immediate antecedant), I came across several RPG systems that don't use them as part of their mechanics.

Back