Wing Commander Saga Color Issues

Robert

Petty Officer
I am running WC Saga on a fast PC with win7 Ultimate. I had a lot of problems with colors but found that the WC games played very well when I stopped the explorer.exe process in Task Manager.
Click on the Wing Commander Saga icon to open the game console, then
  • Open Task Manager and highlight explorer.exe
  • Click on End Process at the bottom, right of the menu
Play any of the games on that console. When done playing,
  • Open Task Manager again
  • Click on File and highlight New Task
  • Type "explorer" (no quotation marks) for File:
  • Hit Enter
This will restore the desktop.
I've used this a lot and the game not only has no color issues, it plays better.
It does not slow down the character's lip movement, though. If anyone knows how to do that, please post a solution.

You are correct. I don't know what the Freespace Mod is. However, for those running the WC Saga, shutting down explorer.exe makes it run much better without the color issues. I wish I could slow down the cut scenes for lip movement when a character is talking. Does anyone have a solution for this?

You are correct. I don't know what the Freespace Mod is. However, for those running the WC Saga, shutting down explorer.exe makes it run much better without the color issues. I wish I could slow down the cut scenes for lip movement when a character is talking. Does anyone have a solution for this?
My bad then

WC1 you may use the wcdx patch made by stinger, which updates the game to DX9

WC2 wcdx is still on early stage but it runs well, though i may suggest using the latest WIP build of Dgvoodoo2 on Vogons Forums to play it, since this game has speed problems, and the latest WIP build fixed it at most, though you may see some black flickering on screen if you get hit.

WC3 you need Sol's DDhack Wrapper or DgVoodoo2 2.54.

Back