Wing Commander (Resurrection)

Wingcommander (RESURECTION)

Not sure about you guys, but did you think the Wingcommander
movie was a huge let down...

And since EA dont plan on any new Wingcommander games, do any of you feel that Chris Roberts should return and revamp the whole thing.

Wingcommander (RESURECTION)

Go back to before the war, during the Border world disputes as they argue over independence prior to the outbreak of the war.

Even Lucas arts have not been producing descent stuff, after X wing alliance they seem to have droped the genre apart from starfighter and that had as much apeal as a jedi jawa with hermeroids.

Starlancer was pretty descent, Freelancer is no where in sight and freespace may never see a third outing.

Wingcommander filled in the blanks, and returning to the roots with a good story, well driven plot, Redsigned interface with the new technoloy taken advantage of, and why not bring back Video and not this computer generated stuff, wingcommander 3, and 4 had so much just think of what DVD could do.

What you guys think...

Chris Roberts, you got any plans

The problem is that WC's rights are held by EA - so they'd have to authorize any new WC games, not Chris Roberts. They licensed him the rights to make a movie based on the license.. but that's about it.

Mind you, the main issue against FMV is that a) it's expensive, and b) it's seen as.. well, cheezy and outdated. Given some of the CGI out there, I tend to agree. I liked WC2 and WC4, and not for the video in the latter... it's more the sense of choice you got, and the immersion, which made it better.

Mind you, at least MS is still apparently supporting Freelancer's development:

http://www.microsoft.com/games/PC/freelancer.asp
http://actionvault.ign.com/features/specials/msigf02freelancer.shtml

This thread is so dumb, I had to come in and make it dumber.

Wing Commander Resurrection sounds too much like the banal and evil Alien Resurrection, so, please, don't even say that again.

Though X-Wing Alliance was a damn solid game, Lucasarts did do the lackluster Starfighter and the MUCH better Jedi Starfighter. You forget that Raven recently made the very good Jedi Outcast.

I find it funny that you say "Wing Commander filled in the blanks, returning to the roots of a good story" since Wing Commander was out before any of the other games you list on here. You got it ass-backwards.

Chris Roberts doesn't read this board. I don't even know if he's been here (LOAF?) and right now, he's too busy with his new production studio "Point Of No Return", which is in the process of making a Wing Commander TV series.

Originally posted by LeHah
This thread is so dumb, I had to come in and make it dumber.

Wing Commander Resurrection sounds too much like the banal and evil Alien Resurrection, so, please, don't even say that again.

Though X-Wing Alliance was a damn solid game, Lucasarts did do the lackluster Starfighter and the MUCH better Jedi Starfighter. You forget that Raven recently made the very good Jedi Outcast.

I find it funny that you say "Wing Commander filled in the blanks, returning to the roots of a good story" since Wing Commander was out before any of the other games you list on here. You got it ass-backwards.

Chris Roberts doesn't read this board. I don't even know if he's been here (LOAF?) and right now, he's too busy with his new production studio "Point Of No Return", which is in the process of making a Wing Commander TV series.

At least it's not 'Wing Commander: Reanimation'. ;)

As bad as First Contact was, it's nothing compared to the horrifyingly bad Alien Resurrection.

As bad as First Contact was, it's nothing compared to the horrifyingly bad Alien Resurrection.

Which is nothing compared to the horrifyingly bad WC movie. There. I said it.

LeHah—
You anti-trek or something? I thought it was pretty good.

Starlancer was pretty descent

You mean, you liked spending 24 missions shooting down Torpedos over and over again, and destroying Superweapons every mission? You liked the CAG saying 'Lock and Load' every five seconds??? Quick, stop me before I have to continue venting my anger and hatred at this damn game :)

Luckily I never had to deal with that game.

Personally I don't think that Wing Commander will come back for awhile, but when it does come back it's bringing an ass kickin with it.

Originally posted by Lelapinmechant
LeHah—
You anti-trek or something? I thought it was pretty good.

The last good Trek movie was The Undiscovered Country, but I have a bizzare fixation on and a geniune unabashed affection for Generations, even though it was pretty darn bad.

Probably because of Malcolm in it.

First Contact tried, I'll give it that much, but it also introduced this new Borg look and crap that was later picked up in Voyager, which was both incessantly annoying and very dumb. It destroyed a really good element of the TNG series...

Insurrection I wouldn't touch with a 40 foot pole (or pain-stick, as the case might be).

I've never seen Alien Ressurection... I've *TRIED*, but I *always* fall asleep about 15 minutes in. No matter what time of day it is. And I've tried a good fifteen times... sometimes I've tried twice in a row -- fall asleep, wake up hours later, try watching it again... *bam*, I'm asleep.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I've never seen Alien Ressurection... I've *TRIED*, but I *always* fall asleep about 15 minutes in. No matter what time of day it is. And I've tried a good fifteen times... sometimes I've tried twice in a row -- fall asleep, wake up hours later, try watching it again... *bam*, I'm asleep.

You should see a doctor about that. Did you dislike the first three alien movies?

Any movie that has the phrase "Santa Claus in a wheelchair" is better off missed.

The last good Trek movie was The Undiscovered Country, but I have a bizzare fixation on and a geniune unabashed affection for Generations, even though it was pretty darn bad.

Probably because of Malcolm in it.

First Contact tried, I'll give it that much, but it also introduced this new Borg look and crap that was later picked up in Voyager, which was both incessantly annoying and very dumb. It destroyed a really good element of the TNG series...

Insurrection I wouldn't touch with a 40 foot pole (or pain-stick, as the case might be).

And somehow Ebert gave it 3 starts so did tv guide, Godlen Retrievers Complete guide to Motion pictures, Lenard Maltin also gave it 3.

The TNG movies are fine movies... but they're not TNG movies. They seem to have traded the dynamic that made the cast likeable in the series for a 'pop' feel.

The TNG movies are fine movies... but they're not TNG movies. They seem to have traded the dynamic that made the cast likeable in the series for a 'pop' feel.

sad but true. I'm hoping Star Trek 10 will be better.

Back