Wing Commander Prophecy / Star Wars

You're not going far enough. Sci-Fi is just an element in what's a survival tale.

Originally posted by Wulf
Let's face it fellas, any plot involving aliens trying to take over is a clone of Verne's War of the Worlds (or close to it...was there a story before that with the alien plot thing?).

Wrongo!
You forgot the crazy selenites from Le Voyage dans la Lune

Originally posted by Wulf
Let's face it fellas, any plot involving aliens trying to take over is a clone of Verne's War of the Worlds (or close to it...was there a story before that with the alien plot thing?).
I don't think so. It's like saying any mystery is a copy of the Sherlock Holmes novels. Can you compare Holmes with Spade? Trouble is my Buisness with Along Came a Spider?

Originally posted by junior

But Vector Prime (the first NJO novel, and the only one I've read) didn't really have any of that stuff, either. The closest you get to Jedi infighting is Jaicen browbeating Anakin about the Force (ditto on the philosophical brooding), and the political angle only seems to be around to say that people think that certain Jedi are getting too big for their britches.
Its just a rather dull novel, imho, and I don't see a lot to recommend it. R. A. Salvatore's claim to fame is a certain dark elf found in a series of books that I've never read, and if the rest of his writing is similar, they'll remain unread.

Vector Prime was just the opening book, introducing the characters and the conflicts of the time. The Jedi infighting doesn't begin until the later books. Spoiler: Coruscant is taken over, and the Lusankya is also destroyed.

Originally posted by Concordia_FP

Vector Prime was just the opening book, introducing the characters and the conflicts of the time. The Jedi infighting doesn't begin until the later books. Spoiler: Coruscant is taken over, and the Lusankya is also destroyed.

Quite frankly, I couldn't care less. The only thing that might tempt me to read another of the novels is if Zahn wrote one, and I'm definitely not ever touching any of Salvatore's other novels - no matter how popular that accursed Drow is.
(said drow also bears my hatred due to the hordes of copycats that have sprung up since then - you'd think that there were gone good drow exiles hiding under every rock.)

I didn't like it that much, I don't think it'd be good to read on its own - there's so many loose threads at the end.

that goes true with every NJO book thanks to DelRey's ridiculous pagecounts

if anyone has read the starwars books, The Courtship of Princess Leia by Dave Wolverton is set 1 day after RotJ and that story is about an aggresive alien force invading the Rebels and Imperials and trying to destory all life like in WCP. I think Dave Wolverton wrote his story before WCP. Not sure. I read the books LONG ago.
But funny enough... i just downloaded like 10 Star Wars audio books in mp3 format. Kinda cool if u get bored of reading the books. U can listen to soundfxs while someone reads u the story

Awaiting the Wing COmmander audio books

EDIT: If WC is the SW universe, then Blair = Skywalker = Jedi :D :D :D

The story set just after ROTJ is called the Truce At Bakura, and is written by Kathy Tyers. The Courtship of Princes Leia is set a while after ROTJ and revolves around, well, the courtship of Princess Leia. :D

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Knthrak
But funny enough... i just downloaded like 10 Star Wars audio books in mp3 format. Kinda cool if u get bored of reading the books. U can listen to soundfxs while someone reads u the story

Pfffft. Get the Fully Dramatized Star Wars Radio Dramas and hear the true voice of Darth Vader.

Originally posted by Concordia_FP
...and the Lusankya is also destroyed.
With a big bang! :) You might want to make your spoiler warnings a bit more obvious, though... although with this post it probably wouldn't be worth it.

Originally posted by beergod
...DelRey's ridiculous pagecounts
As in too long or too short? I hope you meant the latter...

Originally posted by LeHah

Pfffft. Get the Fully Dramatized Star Wars Radio Dramas and hear the true voice of Darth Vader.

I got them too. A FULL CD for all of them. Quite insane actually. Its like Days Of Our Lives meets Star Wars

Back