Wing Commander Prophecy problem

the readme file for the high res patch does say that 1280 x 1024 is supported. ive tried 1024 x 768 and the hud during missions is a little bigger, but still not resized for the resolution and is centered to the top left. i wouldnt mind it so much if my targeting reticle was where it should be, but it isnt. any ideas? looks to me like the hud isnt being resized for whatever resolution that i am using. i tried lowering my windows resolution to match the resolution of the game but it isnt working. help!

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled everything? It just sounds like part of the high res patch didn't take. There's also a completely new version of the program currently in the works that you could wait for.

The only thing that i can think of that would explain things the cockpit being centered in the upper left corner is the game being unable to load patch.tre. Did you copy the Prophecy installation folder to some other location and then installed the high-res patch on it? That would certainly explain it.

i completely uninstalled then reinstalled and it seems to work now. for some reason though i have to click buttons in game 3-4 times for it to register. oh well, i could care less as long as the game works fine in mission

I tried the Prophexy Fix patch, but when I try to copy it to the WCP disc it has the disc as full and I can't temporarily delete some of the files due to it saying "Files on this disc are read-only". I'm confused. :(

maniac89 said:
I tried the Prophexy Fix patch, but when I try to copy it to the WCP disc it has the disc as full and I can't temporarily delete some of the files due to it saying "Files on this disc are read-only". I'm confused. :(
I don't think you're even supposed to copy anything to the disc.

You are certainly not supposed to copy anything to a non writeable disk. Won't work.

I am not sure which patch you refer to, but in any case it has to be applied to the installed game, NOT to the original disks.

maniac89 said:

I don't know what you're trying to do. Completly uninstall any previous installations of the game. Then just install Prophecy to your harddrive like normal (preferably in the default directory) and then apply the patch to the install you just did. Open the zip file and copy the files to the prophecy directory on your Harddrive. Chose yes when asked if you want to overwrite files.

You *do not* copy the files to the Game disks. CD-roms are just as it's been telling you - *READ ONLY*. YOu can read the disk but cannot add anything to them.

Back