Wing Commander Prophecy: no crosshair in D3D

W

Whelp

WCP runs absolutely fine on my PC (Athlon 2600+, WinXP, 1024 MB RAM, Ati Radeon 9600 Pro) with no video skips whatsoever. The only problem is that the crosshair and other cockpit elements like NAV points for example are completely missing, sprites like lensflares and explosions also have black lines in them. This only happens when running the game in Direct3d mode, software mode works absolutely fine (looks shitty though :O) Does anyone know how to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Addition

I forgot to mention that I've already tried all of the compatibility modes. Also, neither of the patches available for the game helped (including the d3d patch, hi-res patch etc.)

I have a similar problem

My computer is an Athlon 1800+, Win98SE, 512 MB RAM, GeForce 4200, DivX 8.1 - I did have video skips - HR patch fixed it - and the Nav points are not visible. Still I see cross-hairs, and the lens flares are OK too.
Jan

Its your Graphic`s card.Only GLIDE ones run smoothly.

You cant solve this problem.About the crosshair,only in some weapons is not visible,in other`s its ok.I think only if you switch to Stormfire Mk2 you got this problem (Pirancha).Try switching to Full guns.

Good luck pal :rolleyes:

kk

Oh well, thanks for the quick reply anyway. The crosshair seems to be missing for all weapons though. Nevermind, at least it's running just fine in software (who the heck still has a Voodoo or other card which supports glide these days anyway...) without any patches; I wonder about how many people have this weird cutscene problem..
By the way, I'm positively surprised that there's still such a great community evolving around these old but great games.
Thanks again,

Whelp

All the weapon`s corsshairs are not visible ?Hmmm that`s a new one :confused: .Anyway I got Both Nvidia (my regular card) and a Voodoo3 so I can play Prophecy ,SO and some other older games :) .
Also about the cutscenes,it was the most common problem but its fixed with a patch.

You are always welcome

Whelp said:
Nevermind, at least it's running just fine in software (who the heck still has a Voodoo or other card which supports glide these days anyway...) without any patches; I wonder about how many people have this weird cutscene problem..
Whelp

Just use a Glide wrapper. They have come a long way and work very relieable by now. Just like this one:
http://www.zeckensack.de/glide/

As for your original problem - it is most likely a case of bad texture alignement. Depending on your graphic card this migth be fixable. Anyhow - try the glide wrapper first!

Back