Wing Commander Problem

Ripperian

Spaceman
Hi, I'm new here.

I Started to play Wing Commander in 2006. :)D
I played occasionally but I started playing right a few days ago.

I am in McAuliffe 1 and I can't land on Tiger's Claw!

What happens?

I request the landing, the request is granted and the sequence of landing never
appears.

I hit the Tiger's Claw, and I move away, take distance, return and I hit it again.

maybe this is a knowing bug but I do not know.

Yes, I'm rare for being play to this game... ;)
Salutes!

Slowing down is good but you have to make sure that you approach the Tiger's Claw from the front section. (I.E position your approach so that you were actually going to land your ship on the Claw's runway). Again make sure you get landing clearance and then approach somewhat slowly (100KPS) should be fine.

ok, I will try that...

And yes I decelerated, I was going to 9 kps in a moment ... I even parked myself to 0 kps next to the big ship.

thanks for the help.

Speed doesn't matter, approach does. You need to position yourself so the carrier looks like the view in the upper left hand of this picture:

wc1bengal4.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason this might seem like a bug to some people is that the first mission or two automatically dumps you out of autopilot from your final mission nav point directly aimed at the Claw's launch deck. And when you're lining up to make the Claw look like loaf's picture, don't get too close until you're ready to land. You can kill yourself bumping a corner if you've taken some damage in the mission already.

he did not want to return.

But I feel a little guilty because he was damaged and two enemies went for him.
And I kill my enemy relatively fast. But Paladin was far and when I was
approaching. I saw they kill him. It was traumatic.

Anyway don't worry, I take it as it is, a game. Only that I like to get into the history.

funny, they usually head home straight away... with the exception of maniac, of course. But i know how you feel, I was terrified when I first played the game (about 13, 14 years ago) and Spirit died. It was really sad.

But you can replay the mission, you know.

And I know that there are guns in the fore part of the nacelles, but what are the WHOLE things for?

ok I will give him one chance... but if I get kill, sorry for Paladin.
I'm going forward.

It's funny and rare to be speaking about such an old game.
But I love the good games without mattering how old be.

thanks for the comments.

Edfilho said:
funny, they usually head home straight away... with the exception of maniac, of course. But i know how you feel, I was terrified when I first played the game (about 13, 14 years ago) and Spirit died. It was really sad.

It was really sad. The funeral cutscenes were incredible.

Edfilho said:
But you can replay the mission, you know.

Blair could never replay a mission. Except on the simulator.

Edfilho said:
And I know that there are guns in the fore part of the nacelles, but what are the WHOLE things for?

To hold the guns!

Ripperian said:
he did not want to return.

But I feel a little guilty because he was damaged and two enemies went for him.
And I kill my enemy relatively fast. But Paladin was far and when I was
approaching. I saw they kill him. It was traumatic.

Anyway don't worry, I take it as it is, a game. Only that I like to get into the history.

I think almost everyone here does. The characters will be gone in later scenes in the bar if they die, so some people will replay a mission if they lose their wingman.

Pretty sure that all you need is an SNES emulator. And of course the mod file. :)

Anyway, yeah I remember being so upset when I would lose a wingman, most of the time it was Paladin who died. I never thought of sending them home the first time I played the game mainly because I needed someone out there to absorb some shots that were aimed at me! :) I wasn't that great of a pilot and some of the missions were very hard so I needed all the help I could get. Playing it now I think sometimes its actually easier to play them alone. Anyway, you've all got me hankering for another round of WC1. :) I still need to finish my trek through WC2 SO1 though...

Back