Wing Commander Privateer

Porcupine

Spaceman
I know this is an old game, but it was pretty fun. It was so easy to hack up the savefiles to become amazingly strong even by a novice like myself.

In the past week I've been replaying Privateer and Righteous Fire, and I also noticed lots of cool downloadable hacks that give even more powerful than just editing savefiles. Interested, I started editing the data of the .TRE and .EXE files themselves, following the guidelines of some textfiles for Privateer hacking I downloaded. And I went beyond that and found more things to hack as well. A lot of my earlier experience with hacking the savefiles really helped, cause I already knew how to hack certain abilities that I hadn't seen any internet sources/programs mention.

Anyway, so now I'm trying to extract and hack as much information out of the game as possible to get the most enjoyment out of this old game. Anyone care to help?

I'm also compiling a list of statistics for all the guns, shields, ships, engines in the game. A lot of the information in the manual that comes with the game is correct but a lot is incorrect. The same goes for the Privateer Playtesters Guide that I also bought long ago. I never completely believed it that meson blasters are one of the best cheap weapons, and according to the info I hacked they aren't even close. My instincts had always told me neutron guns and mass drivers were the bomb and I was mostly right after all since some of the claimed stats were wrong.

Just from editing the savefile years ago, I'd learned how to give myself a wingman in Privateer as well...something I hadn't seen other people mention. How? I reincarnated the Steltek drone and made him my friend. ^_^;

Now by editing the PRIVATER.EXE file I can change the Steltek drone into any other ship I want, and I can change the pilot as well. But there are still many things I'd like to do and I'm just a novice at this. One thing I'd like is to be able to have the Steltek drone wingman in Righteous Fire, but that really seems tough/impossible, so I'd really like some help. :) There are lots of other things I'd like to do, and lots I know how to do. Anyone interested?

Wishful thinking. But worth a shot, if you're eager.

Originally posted by Porcupine
I never completely believed it that meson blasters are one of the best cheap weapons, and according to the info I hacked they aren't even close. My instincts had always told me neutron guns and mass drivers were the bomb and I was mostly right after all since some of the claimed stats were wrong.
By how much? I only use Tachyons, even though they do 3.7 instead of 5.0 as indicated in the manual.

I'd learned how to give myself a wingman in Privateer as well... How? I reincarnated the Steltek drone and made him my friend.
Heh, that's pretty cool. :)

Can anyone help me with the engines?

I'm still working on figuring out how to hack engines and how they work. Those of you who have tried to edit the engines in the savefiles probably know what I mean. I hacked *something* about the engines so that I can have as much engine recharge power as I want, and as much engine bar length as I want (both are editable), but I think my change in engines may have affected every ship in the game including enemy ones. Oh well, I'm still working on it. This is the last thing left for me to solve regarding play/weaponry/item statistics. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. :)

Tachyons ARE super good weapons, just like most guides say. They actually do 5.0 cm damage after all, like the game manual says. Privateer Playtester's Guide is wrong hehe.

Tachyons are much better than mass drivers for almost all cases, but mass drivers are an excellent cheap weapon and quite powerful in their own right. Most places say that meson blasters are the best cheapish guns, but they are actually not that great.

Depending on your playstyle and abilities, neutron guns and plasma guns (they are very similar in statistics) may be better than tachyon cannons. And neutron guns are so cheap, they are probably definitely the best buy in the game hehe. A lot of the statistics for them are wrong in both the game manual and Playtester's Guide.

Here's some neat gun facts. The Steltek Gun comes in 3 varieties, the normal one you first get, the boosted up one you get later, and the version on the Steltek Drone which sucks. And in Righteous Fire, they made the normal Steltek Gun a bit weaker, or else you'd get your butt kicked by the Retros. They also made the boosted up Steltek gun super weak, it does next to no damage worse than a laser. I heard that on the Privateer CD version they changed the game and gave these even crappier Stelteks to the Retros, but I haven't seen it for myself. Is it true? And in Righteous Fire, the plasma gun statistics were changed and the weapon became ultra strong, rivaling the fusion cannon for best gun in Righteous Fire.

I'll post all the gun stats soon.

Regarding engines, well, I know next to nothing about slicing into data files and such, but there are a few Privateer editors already out there which can fiddle with engine levels (although in-game, they're shown as being heavily trashed, with multi-digit repair fees!)

Tachyons ARE super good weapons, just like most guides say. They actually do 5.0 cm damage after all, like the game manual says. Privateer Playtester's Guide is wrong hehe.
Really? When I looked through the gun stats in the manual, I did some calculations. I ignored the cost criterion, since I'm patient enough to earn the money to pay for big guns. I think I looked mainly at damage per second, along with bolt speed and range as secondaries. Overall, the Tachyon came out on top, even when I assumed a 3.7 damage rating.

Depending on your playstyle and abilities, neutron guns and plasma guns (they are very similar in statistics) may be better than tachyon cannons.
Interesting. When I first played Privateer, I loaded up all slots with plasmas. Had the stupid idea that more expensive = better gun. I think I'm better with slow firing weapons (I favour the Devastator from WCP to the Shrike), but I play Privateer on my old 386 which doesn't have smooth movement and makes aiming difficult.

The Steltek Gun comes in 3 varieties, the normal one you first get, the boosted up one you get later, and the version on the Steltek Drone which sucks.
They Drone's guns might suck, but five of them equals a major headache when you get hit. Not to mention a large chunk of armour lost.

And in Righteous Fire, they made the normal Steltek Gun a bit weaker, or else you'd get your butt kicked by the Retros... I heard that on the Privateer CD version they changed the game and gave these even crappier Stelteks to the Retros, but I haven't seen it for myself. Is it true?
Perhaps, I always thought it was stupid to have the Retros' Steltek the same as the Fusion. But I understand the limitations of only having a certain number of gun-type slots to modify, and the 'clicking' sound I hear when those Salthi fire is probably meant to indicate that it's a Steltek gun. And the Retros' version could be weaker in the CD version, since I don't ever recall having a problem with the Salthis other than them being a little more bothersome to kill than the standard Talon.

And in Righteous Fire, the plasma gun statistics were changed and the weapon became ultra strong, rivaling the fusion cannon for best gun in Righteous Fire.
Really? I guess I'll have to wait until you compile all the stats, then.

I figured out the engines, mostly

I have figured practically everything out now. I'll post a shitload of information encompassing almost all important statistics in the game later today.

I know of those editors. They do that by only editing the savefiles, and they don't do it perfectly so the engines end up all trashed. I still don't know how to do it better than them though. However I learned how to edit the engines in a different way as well. It enables me to know the engine power level statistics of all engines in the game including each enemy ship. I can also change the engine attributes to weird engines that have infinite power supply, etc. But I can't do it well, often editing the engines this way effects many ships in the game besides yours. And I can't change your own ships engines that well either, or else they end up trashed again. Oh well. I'm satisfied because I was able to at least read the power level stats of all engines, which is awesome. It wasn't easy to do. :) It's WAY beyond what the editors are capable of.

BTW, while we are on the subject of editors, I noticed yesterday that PR_SHIP.EXE doesn't report enemy ship armor values correctly, and if you edit them it doesn't do squat! They should have tested their editor a bit more I think. :) The same goes for the downloaded textfile I often used, SECRET.TXT, it's description on editing enemy ship armor levels is wrong and doesn't work. Heh. I know how to do it though now.

Tachyons are awesome, and they would still be good even with a 3.7 rating, but a 5.0 they have. I think you'll like my list a lot. It has all those calculations you describe done for you. :)

Yup the Drone's guns are OK since it does have 5. Ends up being respectable but not super. Also, the Drone is a fairly good pilot. There are several difficulty levels of AI, as explained in the Privateer Playtester's Guide. I haven't learned how to edit these yet but if I really try I could find it. So I don't know what AI the Drone has for sure but from playing the game I think it's one of the better AIs.

About having only a certain number of gun slots to modify...I might be able to do something about that, but that's a little bit tough. I might try this weekend if I don't lose interest in Privateer hehe. I already know where to target. If I succeed any ship in the game will probably be able to fire at least 11 guns out the front in any position pattern you desire, and possibly more guns.

Gun Data

Weapon Damage Refire Energy Speed Lifetime
------ ------ ------ ------ ----- --------
Laser 2.0 cm 0.30 s 4 GJ 1400 kps 3.40 s
Mass Driver 2.6 cm 0.35 s 5 GJ 1100 kps 3.40 s
Meson Blaster 3.2 cm 0.40 s 8 GJ 1300 kps 3.40 s
Neutron Gun 6.2 cm 0.65 s 16 GJ 960 kps 3.40 s
Particle Cannon 4.3 cm 0.50 s 11 GJ 1000 kps 3.40 s
Tachyon Cannon 5.0 cm 0.40 s 8 GJ 1250 kps 3.40 s
Ionic Pulse 5.4 cm 0.60 s 15 GJ 1200 kps 3.40 s
Plasma Gun 7.2 cm 0.72 s 19 GJ 940 kps 3.40 s
Plasma Gun RF 8.5 cm 0.65 s 17 GJ 940 kps 3.40 s
Fusion Cannon 6.6 cm 0.50 s 11 GJ 1350 kps 3.40 s
Steltek Gun 10.0 cm 0.45 s 19 GJ 1175 kps 3.40 s
Steltek Gun RF 6.0 cm 0.45 s 19 GJ 1175 kps 3.40 s
Mega Steltek 19.0 cm 0.37 s 17 GJ 1250 kps 4.00 s
Mega Steltek RF 1.0 cm 0.37 s 17 GJ 1250 kps 4.00 s
Weak Steltek 3.0 cm 0.75 s 17 GJ 1050 kps 3.40 s
DF Missile 13.0 cm 2.50 s 0 GJ 1000 kps 8.00 s
HS Missile 16.0 cm 2.50 s 0 GJ 800 kps 9.00 s
IR Missile 17.5 cm 2.50 s 0 GJ 850 kps 9.00 s
FF Missile 17.5 cm 2.50 s 0 GJ 900 kps 8.00 s
Torpedo 20.0 cm 0.30 s 0 GJ 1200 kps 3.00 s

Weapon Damage D. Rate D. Eff. Speed Range
------ ------ ------- ------- ----- -----
Laser 2.0 cm 6.67 5.00 1400 kps 4760 m
Mass Driver 2.6 cm 7.43 5.20 1100 kps 3740 m
Meson Blaster 3.2 cm 8.00 4.00 1300 kps 4420 m
Neutron Gun 6.2 cm 9.54 3.88 960 kps 3264 m
Particle Cannon 4.3 cm 8.60 3.91 1000 kps 3400 m
Tachyon Cannon 5.0 cm 12.50 6.25 1250 kps 4250 m
Ionic Pulse 5.4 cm 9.00 3.60 1200 kps 4080 m
Plasma Gun 7.2 cm 10.00 3.79 940 kps 3196 m
Plasma Gun RF 8.5 cm 13.08 5.00 940 kps 3196 m
Fusion Cannon 6.6 cm 13.20 6.00 1350 kps 4590 m
Steltek Gun 10.0 cm 22.22 5.26 1175 kps 3995 m
Steltek Gun RF 6.0 cm 13.33 3.16 1175 kps 3995 m
Mega Steltek 19.0 cm 51.35 11.18 1250 kps 5000 m
Mega Steltek RF 1.0 cm 2.70 0.59 1250 kps 5000 m
Weak Steltek 3.0 cm 4.00 1.76 1050 kps 3570 m
DF Missile 13.0 cm 5.20 0 GJ 1000 kps 8000 m
HS Missile 16.0 cm 6.40 0 GJ 800 kps 7200 m
IR Missile 17.5 cm 7.00 0 GJ 850 kps 7650 m
FF Missile 17.5 cm 7.00 0 GJ 900 kps 7200 m
Torpedo 20.0 cm 66.67 0 GJ 1200 kps 3600 m

Weapon Damage Power Abuse
------ ------ ----- -----
Laser 2.0 cm 13.33 GW 370
Mass Driver 2.6 cm 14.29 GW 380
Meson Blaster 3.2 cm 20.00 GW 390
Neutron Gun 6.2 cm 24.62 GW 450
Particle Cannon 4.3 cm 22.00 GW 400
Tachyon Cannon 5.0 cm 20.00 GW 470
Ionic Pulse 5.4 cm 25.00 GW 430
Plasma Gun 7.2 cm 26.39 GW 500
Plasma Gun RF 8.5 cm 26.15 GW 500
Fusion Cannon 6.6 cm 22.00 GW 470
Steltek Gun 10.0 cm 42.22 GW 22000
Steltek Gun RF 6.0 cm 42.22 GW 22000
Mega Steltek 19.0 cm 45.95 GW 22000
Mega Steltek RF 1.0 cm 45.95 GW 22000
Weak Steltek 3.0 cm 22.67 GW 22000

Yargh! That was messy!

Damn, that table is messed up. I pasted my textfile here but it didn't come out right. Oh well. It's still readable I think, and if anyone wants the properly aligned .TXT file or has any questions just ask. :)

Damage, Refire, Energy, Speed, Lifetime, and Abuse values are all EXACT and ripped from the game. I put in units when I know what they are.

Damage Rate, Damage Efficiency, and Range are values I calculated to help think about each gun's ability. Damage Rate is in units of cm/s and is rounded sometimes. Damage Efficiency is in units of mm/GJ and is rounded sometimes.

Notice how close this data is with the game manual and Privateer Playtester's Guide. The units obviously coincide properly. Any discrepancies means they are wrong and I am right, because this info is ripped directly from the datafiles.

Guns

The Power rating for the guns list is for how much power they use up if you just hold down fire and never let go. This isn't always what you should be doing but doing this can be good too. :)

In my opinion the most important things to consider when deciding how good a gun is are, in order of decreasing importance, Damage, Damage Efficiency, Damage Rate, Speed.

The other values are not that important and I just look at these 4 values when I think about which gun is best. You don't want to count a concept twice, like both Energy and Damage Efficiency in your analysis. But counting the damage concept 3 times is ok because damage is really what everything revolves on. :)

Shields and Engine data

Shields
Name Levels Power Regen Front Back Sides Effect
---- ------ ----- ----- ----- ---- ----- -----
Shield Generator 1 1 30 GW 4 10 cm 10 cm 10 cm 111 %
Shield Generator 2 2 45 GW 4 20 cm 20 cm 20 cm 100 %
Shield Generator 3 3 60 GW 4 30 cm 30 cm 30 cm 100 %
Shield Generator 4 3 80 GW 4 40 cm 40 cm 40 cm 100 %
Shield Generator 5 3 100 GW 4 50 cm 50 cm 50 cm 100 %
Light Shields 1 30 GW 2 10 cm 10 cm 10 cm 100 %
Medium Shields 2 45 GW 2 20 cm 20 cm 20 cm 96 %
Heavy Shields 3 60 GW 2 30 cm 30 cm 30 cm 91 %
Capital Ship Shields 3 83.75 GW 37 100 cm 85 cm 75 cm 100 %
Weak Light Shields 1 30 GW 1 10 cm 10 cm 10 cm 87 %
Steltek Drone Shields 3 80 GW 3 40 cm 40 cm 40 cm 100 %
Shield Generator 6 3 116.25 GW 4 57.5 cm 60 cm 57.5 cm 100 %
Shield Generator 7 3 132.5 GW 4 65 cm 70 cm 65 cm 100 %
Plasteel Armor 25 cm 25 cm 25 cm
Tungsten Armor 50 cm 50 cm 50 cm
Isometal Armor 300 cm 300 cm 300 cm
Afterburners 40 GW

Generators
Name Regen Limit
---- ----- -----
Engine Upgrade 0 40 GW 50 GJ
Engine Upgrade 1 55 GW 100 GJ
Engine Upgrade 2 70 GW 110 GJ
Engine Upgrade 3 90 GW 130 GJ
Engine Upgrade 4 112.5 GW 135 GJ
Engine Upgrade 5 135 GW 140 GJ
Engine Upgrade 6 157.5 GW 145 GJ
Engine Upgrade 7 180 GW 150 GJ
Tarsus 100 GW 130 GJ
Talon, weak type 100 GW 110 GJ
Stiletto 100 GW 130 GJ
Steltek Scout 400 GW 400 GJ
Talon, strong type 85 GW 120 GJ
Paradigm 400 GW 400 GJ
Orion 800 GW 800 GJ
Kamekh 400 GW 400 GJ
Gothri 132.5 GW 180 GJ
Galaxy 120 GW 150 GJ
Gladius 95 GW 130 GJ
Steltek Drone 400 GW 400 GJ
Drayman 165 GW 160 GJ
Dralthi 110 GW 140 GJ
Demon 100 GW 130 GJ
Centurion 120 GW 150 GJ
Broadsword 165 GW 160 GJ

Engines and Shields explanations

First, the engines, because the data is simple. Regen is the Power Supply of your engine, the rate at which it generates energy in GW to recharge itself. Limit is the length of your Energy Gauge in GJ. Regen is the MUCH more important stat.

Engine Upgrade 0 is if you are poor and have no engine upgrade. The ship values are for enemy ships only. Enemy Centurions don't obey the same rules as your Centurion does. In general enemy ships have more power than you do! Unfair for you.

Now for shields. Levels is the number of levels you can step your shield strength to. If your shield has 2 levels, step 1 is 50% power and step 2 is 100%. If it has 3 levels, step 1 is 33%, step 2 is 67%, and step 3 is 100%. You should know this already.

Front, Back, and Sides are your shield or armor strength in cm. These values don't look like they coincide with what the game manual says, but they do. The game manual is just wrong for most of these values. Later on I will post stats for the enemy ships (like in the game manual) and you will see that the armor values coincide nearly exactly.

Power is the amount of power that is used if the shields are undamaged. The more damaged shields are, the less power they use proportionately. Notice that some shields are not as efficient as others power-wise, but most shields are the same efficiency.

Regen is the rate at which your shields regenerate. This is possibly the most important stat for shields. The values are exactly ripped
from the game but I haven't figured out their units yet, or converted them into any standard units. The numbers work relatively though.

Enemy ships tend to have totally crapshitty shields (Light Shields, Medium Shields, Heavy Shields) compared to you! Unfair for them.

Now the mysterious stat Effect. It's kind of redundant. An unecessary stat that could be incorporated into the other stats. But ohwell that is how the game works. Multiply the Effect percentage into your shield cm levels and regen rate. That gives you the ACTUAL shield thickness levels and regeneration rate for your shield. Redundant...I don't know why it's done that way. Most of the time Effect is just 100% so you change nothing.

Now for more confusion! The shield/armor cm values you end up with after taking into account Effect ARE correct. But, cm values for shields and cm values for things that do damage (guns, missiles) are not the same units! They are both called cm but they do not match up! Why do I label them this way? Because that is how they are in the game manual (when it is correct), and that is how they are ripped directly out of the game. Weird.

To convert shield/armor values in cm to the proper gun values in cm, its easy though. Just multiply by 8/5th, exactly. Why? I don't know but it works perfectly.

Let's try some examples. Shield Generator 1 has 11.1 cm per side. Shield Generator 1 is actually among the best shields in the game because it regenerates a bit faster than other Shield Generators, although it is power inefficient. Multiply 11.1 cm by 8/5th, gives 17.76. That means it will just barely protect you from any missile hit. Should match with your playing experience.

Now look at Light Shields (which you can't buy) or Shield Generator 2 set to half power (which you can buy). 10 cm times 8/5th gives 16.0 cm. That means it's exactly enough to stop 1 HS Missile, but a FF or IR Missile will chip into your armor. Not good. Try this out if you want, my own playing experience tells me this is right.

Scary huh? Bet I scared almost everyone away. -_-;
Privateer mathematics are more complicated than it seems to appear on the surface.

Enemy Ship information data

Ship Tarsus
Class Merchant Scout
Maximum Velocity 300 kps
Afterburner Velocity 600 kps
Acceleration 275 kpss
Maximum Yaw 97 dps
Maximum Pitch 95 dps
Maximum Roll 105 dps
Weapons Mass Drivers (2) DF Missiles (3)
Shields Medium Shields
Armor Sides 8 cm
Fore 10 cm
Aft 10 cm

Ship Centurion
Class Bounty Hunter Heavy Fighter
Maximum Velocity 500 kps
Afterburner Velocity 1000 kps
Acceleration 500 kpss
Maximum Yaw 160 dps
Maximum Pitch 158 dps
Maximum Roll 168 dps
Weapons Outer Mass Drivers (2) FF Missiles (2)
Inner Tachyon Cannon (1) IR Missiles (2)
Inner Particle Cannon (1)
Rear Ionic Pulse Cannon (2)
Shields Heavy Shields
Armor Sides 15 cm
Fore 20 cm
Aft 20 cm

Ship Galaxy
Class Merchant Ship
Maximum Velocity 300 kps
Afterburner Velocity 750 kps
Acceleration 330 kpss
Maximum Yaw 114 dps
Maximum Pitch 112 dps
Maximum Roll 122 dps
Weapons Mass Drivers (2) HS Missiles (2)
Top Meson Blasters (2) DF Missiles (3)
Bottom Mass Drivers (2)
Shields Heavy Shields
Armor Sides 17.5 cm
Fore 25 cm
Aft 20 cm

Ship Orion
Class Mercenary Gunship
Maximum Velocity 350 kps
Afterburner Velocity 800 kps
Acceleration 350 kpss
Maximum Yaw 107 dps
Maximum Pitch 105 dps
Maximum Roll 115 dps
Weapons Plasma Guns (2) HS Missiles (3)
Rear Lasers (2)
Shields Shield Generator 5
Armor Sides 35 cm
Fore 48 cm
Aft 50 cm

Ship Broadsword
Class Confederation Heavy Fighter
Maximum Velocity 350 kps
Afterburner Velocity 350 kps
Acceleration 400 kpss
Maximum Yaw 87 dps
Maximum Pitch 85 dps
Maximum Roll 95 dps
Weapons Mass Drivers (3) FF Missiles (6)
Top Particle Cannon (2) HS Missiles (3)
Bottom Particle Cannon (2)
Armor Sides 32.5 cm
Fore 40 cm
Aft 35 cm

Ship Demon
Class Bounty Hunter Light Fighter
Maximum Velocity 450 kps
Afterburner Velocity 1200 kps
Acceleration 650 kpss
Maximum Yaw 127 dps
Maximum Pitch 125 dps
Maximum Roll 135 dps
Weapons Outer Meson Blasters (2) HS Missiles (2)
Inner Lasers (2) Torpedoes (10)
Shields Medium Shields
Armor Sides 9 cm
Fore 14 cm
Aft 12 cm

Ship Dralthi
Class Kilrathi Light Fighter
Maximum Velocity 400 kps
Acceleration 600 kpss
Maximum Yaw 147 dps
Maximum Pitch 145 dps
Maximum Roll 150 dps
Weapons Lasers (3) DF Missiles (3)
Shields Medium Shields
Armor Sides 12 cm
Fore 15 cm
Aft 13.5 cm

Ship Drayman
Class Merchant Ship
Maximum Velocity 200 kps
Afterburner Velocity 150 kps
Acceleration 150 kpss
Maximum Yaw 55 dps
Maximum Pitch 55 dps
Maximum Roll 55 dps
Weapons Meson Blasters (2)
Armor Sides 28 cm
Fore 35 cm
Aft 30 cm

Ship Gladius
Class Militia Light Fighter
Maximum Velocity 400 kps
Acceleration 600 kpss
Maximum Yaw 117 dps
Maximum Pitch 115 dps
Maximum Roll 125 dps
Weapons Lasers (2) HS Missiles (2)
Particle Cannon (1) Torpedoes (8)
Shields Light Shields
Armor Sides 8 cm
Fore 14 cm
Aft 10 cm

Ship Gothri
Class Kilrathi Heavy Fighter
Maximum Velocity 450 kps
Afterburner Velocity 1200 kps
Acceleration 675 kpss
Maximum Yaw 130 dps
Maximum Pitch 130 dps
Maximum Roll 140 dps
Weapons Outer Mass Drivers (2) FF Missile (1)
Inner Particle Cannon (2) IR Missiles (3)
Rear Meson Blasters (2) DF Missile (1)
Shields Heavy Shields
Armor Sides 15 cm
Fore 17.5 cm
Aft 17.5 cm

Ship Kamekh
Class Kilrathi Capital Ship
Maximum Velocity 250 kps
Afterburner Velocity 250 kps
Acceleration 200 kpss
Maximum Yaw 30 dps
Maximum Pitch 30 dps
Maximum Roll 30 dps
Weapons Outer Meson Blasters (2) FF Missiles (8)
Inner Tachyon Cannon (2) IR Missiles (3)
Ionic Pulse Cannon (1) HS Missiles (2)
Top Lasers (2)
Top Plasma Gun (1)
Bottom Mass Drivers (2)
Bottom Plasma Gun (1)
Shields Capital Ship Shields
Armor Sides 55 cm
Fore 70 cm
Aft 40 cm

Ship Paradigm
Class Confederation Capital Ship
Maximum Velocity 200 kps
Afterburner Velocity 200 kps
Acceleration 150 kpss
Maximum Yaw 30 dps
Maximum Pitch 30 dps
Maximum Roll 30 dps
Weapons Outer Meson Blasters (2) FF Missiles (8)
Inner Tachyon Cannon (2) IR Missiles (3)
Ionic Pulse Cannon (1) HS Missiles (2)
Top Particle Cannon (2)
Top Ionic Pulse Cannon (1)
Bottom Ionic Pulse Cannon (2)
Bottom Neutron Gun (1)
Armor Sides 65 cm
Fore 80 cm
Aft 50 cm

Ship Stiletto
Class Confederation Light Fighter
Maximum Velocity 500 kps
Afterburner Velocity 1400 kps
Acceleration 750 kpss
Maximum Yaw 165 dps
Maximum Pitch 168 dps
Maximum Roll 175 dps
Weapons Meson Blasters (2) IR Missiles (2)
Shields Medium Shields
Armor Sides 7 cm
Fore 9 cm
Aft 8 cm

Ship Talon, strong type
Class Light Fighter
Maximum Velocity 400 kps
Acceleration 600 kpss
Maximum Yaw 127 dps
Maximum Pitch 125 dps
Maximum Roll 135 dps
Weapons Mass Drivers (2) HS Missiles (2)
Particle Cannon (1)
Shields Light Shields
Armor Sides 8 cm
Fore 10 cm
Aft 9 cm

Ship Talon, weak type
Class Light Fighter
Maximum Velocity 400 kps
Acceleration 600 kpss
Maximum Yaw 127 dps
Maximum Pitch 125 dps
Maximum Roll 135 dps
Weapons Lasers (2) DF Missile (1)
Mass Driver (1)
Shields Weak Light Shields
Armor Sides 8 cm
Fore 10 cm
Aft 9 cm

Ship Steltek Drone
Maximum Velocity 900 kps
Afterburner Velocity 1700 kps
Acceleration 2000 kpss
Maximum Yaw 200 dps
Maximum Pitch 200 dps
Maximum Roll 200 dps
Weapons Weak Steltek Guns (5)
Shields Steltek Drone Shields
Armor Sides 30 cm
Fore 30 cm
Aft 30 cm

Ship Steltek Scout
Maximum Velocity 500 kps
Afterburner Velocity 1700 kps
Acceleration 750 kpss
Maximum Yaw 137 dps
Maximum Pitch 135 dps
Maximum Roll 145 dps
Weapons Steltek Guns (3)
Armor Sides 60 cm
Fore 60 cm
Aft 60 cm

Re: Yargh! That was messy!

Well done. When I have the time, I'll sift through that data and see if I can find anything new or interesting.

I pasted my textfile here but it didn't come out right. Oh well. It's still readable I think, and if anyone wants the properly aligned .TXT file or has any questions just ask.
The board removes excess whitespace from posts. Don't worry about it, I'm sure intelligent people can read it. ;)

Re: Re: Yargh! That was messy!

Originally posted by Wedge009

The board removes excess whitespace from posts. Don't worry about it, I'm sure intelligent people can read it. ;) [/B]

Actually, the HTML spec removes excess whitespace.

TC

Damage, Refire, Energy, Speed, Lifetime, and Abuse values are all EXACT and ripped from the game.
What's abuse?

The more damaged shields are, the less power they use proportionately.
That was always good for me in Privateer (more hits equals more power for the guns to blast the bad guys! :)) but I think losing shields draining more power when they are hit is more 'realistic'. Although I suppose that would make up for all the ship's functions except jumping being powered by the engines.

huh?

Ghost: Huh? I'm not sure what you mean, but my "Power" statistic tells you how much engine power is used when continuously firing in "trigger happy" mode.

Wedge: Well, your shields do get all crappy if they are damaged when you are getting blasted in your armor. So I guess that adds a different level of realism there I guess. BTW, you can make your Repair Droid in both Privateer and Righteous Fire super strong by editing the savefile. It will repair any system damage instantly in that mode. Also in Righteous Fire you can edit your Shield Regenerator so that you regenerate instantly, and you can edit your Gun Cooler so that you fire a stream of connected shots, etc. In Privateer to achieve those effects you need to edit the OBJECTS.TRE file.

Abuse tells how much damage your gun can take before being destroyed, when you are being blasted in your armor. Not a particularly important stat. I don't know what the units are and don't really care, but it should provide good relative information. :) Since Steltek guns can't be repaired, I guess they gave them essentially infinite or maybe truly infinite unbreakability. I've never seen a red (damaged) Steltek gun before no matter how my armor is blasted, but from experience with my other guns, unless a gun is red it isn't damaged in the slightest (no repair cost).

Actually, I just meant that when shield strength is diminished after a few hits, more power is available for use in ABs or guns.

I don't think abuse is very worthwhile - my guns seem to get trashed with the slightest chip to the armour. But that's a good point about the (almost) infinite abuse of the Steltek guns.

Back