Wing Commander Orchestra Crash

Sxio

Spaceman
Hey Guys. Loved the series back in the day. In fact, Wing Commander 2 was the first game I ever bought. I was 11, and it cost $110. I had to save for months to afford it.

So stoked now that they're all on GOG and I'm planning on playing them through from the 1st.

But bloody Wing Commander crashes at the very first scene, where the orchestra is playing.

To be more accurate, it doesn't crash. The screen freezes but the sound keep playing and nothing else happens. I can still exit the game by hitting alt-x. So it's like the game is still running, but something's wrong with the graphics... i don't know. I'm not a dosbox guru. What's really annoying is the WC2 seems fine, but I don't want to play WC2, I want to play WC.

I've had a google but can't find any help so far. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try now?

What exactly is it doing? Is it seeming to hand right before the orchestra plays? Or is it crashing back to dosbox all together?

Is it possible that the install was corrupted? Have you tried changing the wc cfg file so that the game is using soundblaster or whatever instead of roland?

DOSBox has an internal video capturing function which you can start and stop with ctrl-alt-F5. I think it might be a good idea to see this problem in a video.

Back