Wing Commander On BBC1 This Saturday Night (December 27, 2006)

Mine is a Region 1 disk, although the R2 version looks to be exactly the same (aside from the obvious NTSC/PAL differences).

As a note, the R2 disk is in the play.com sale for 4.99 pounds so any UK wingnuts that don't have it yet (shame on you ;) ) can pick it up for a song.

Thanks for the info AD.

I guess it just depends on whether Fox see a cost-return benefit from pressing the discs. Would the movie sell enough to justify the process, which, IIRC, is a lot more expensive than regular DVD?

Oh well, I can hope (and maybe start a letter campaign ;) )

I think I recall hearing that the DVD sold well for a movie that didn't do very well in theatres

WC DVDs are short on extras everywhere. One of the EU release (Spain, maybe?) has the 'making of' part from the EPK... and the Japanese release is pretty cool, with an animated Tiger's Claw hangar menu and stuff like a translation of a timeline I wrote.

I picked up my copy in the "free record shop"

I payd less for it actually, 7.99, minus 5 percent because I have a discount card.

Sales appear to go rather frequently for that movie what i heard.

The VHS release was handled back then by our local video rent shop as a big thing, many copies standing by on the shelves, and back then it was not received as well.

I am most enjoying this!

I can get over them making the ships like submarines, is slightly plausable and I can see past the silly uniforms but why oh why did they make the Confed fighters so awful???

Great new Drathi style ships but why does it all look like starlancer? Did Digital Anvil to the graphics?

Interesting to see how manic got so cocky...OMG the kilrathi are on...

Well, if you play Starlancer, you see that the movies in the game end the cut scenes are sometimes actual shots of the Wing Commander movie...

Quite a good game by the way... :D :D

By the way, has anybody analyzed the ship of the movie... some of them are really cool (like Tolwyn’s flag ship, the TCS Concordia Super Cruiser)

By the way, has anybody analyzed the ship of the movie... some of them are really cool (like Tolwyn’s flag ship, the TCS Concordia Super Cruiser)

Yes -- there's a book called "The Confederation Handbook", which is essentially a manual for the movie -- it has a guide to all the ships.

Back