Wing commander Movies

Viper61

Spaceman
Can anyone give me a link to a website that has some wc videos (WC1-WCP) posted on it? I've already got all the cartoons and they are burnt to CD, but I'd really like to have some movies. (I guess I could try to rip some with the utilities at the CIC, but why blaze a trail when others have already built a highway?)

A quote from jurrasic Park's Ian Malcolm seems relevant ("shoulders of giants" and all) but I can't directly quote it. ;)

Originally posted by Viper61
(I guess I could try to rip some with the utilities at the CIC, but why blaze a trail when others have already built a highway?)
I'll have to agree with that. I'd be very interested as well if someone had the in-game movies available for download...

I don't have any but really that movie viewer HCl made really rocks! And it's so simple, just insert the CD and chose the movie you want. :cool:

I'm currently trying to decompile the movies from WC3 and 4 from the Playstation CDs. Hopefully, I'll be able to extract the Hobbes video and the other movies as well.

I had the inkling of editing WC4 into a movie format using Adobe Premire 6, but I think there's too much live-action footage and not enough space combat footage. :(

i did a bit of wc4 movie ripping yesterday :D, unforts i did it the long way round :) namely by using the xan codec to open the avi file, re-compiling that as a standard avi file, and then recording the sound as it played thru xan, then combine the 2, compress to divx, and voila! however easier method is to use V. 1.1 of the movie player and extract them thataway, then compress using virtualdub (1.47 is the ver i got :D) the movies are still pretty big tho, i got the ending (with suitable cutting and the like so its the good bits :D) down to 17 minutes, weighing in at 80Mb, which aint bad, but could be better, the vesuvius battle scene (about 20seconds) comes in at about 3Mb, so u see the problem, if u want the movies doin, it would be best to extract em urself, usin the movieplayer and compress them, if u want virtualdub, drop me a line, ill run u thru how to use it too if u want :)
(email is madman_legion@hotmail.com)

Originally posted by LeHah
I'm currently trying to decompile the movies from WC3 and 4 from the Playstation CDs. Hopefully, I'll be able to extract the Hobbes video and the other movies as well.

I had the inkling of editing WC4 into a movie format using Adobe Premire 6, but I think there's too much live-action footage and not enough space combat footage. :(

In my professional opinion, there's rarely ever a reason to rip the FMV sequences from WCIV. With a few tiny exceptions, they're all available seprately in high-quality movies on the WCIVDVD.

It'd be nice to rip the color VDUs from Playstation WCIV, though... as it's the only game that has them. (And of course the two alternate briefings -- but we can just DivX those with a TV-in...)

While I agree with you LOAF, I lack a WC4 DVD, so I have to make due with what I have right now. I had the idea of taking those in game movies, however...

I wouldn't mind having the WC4 movies in high-quality DVD format. You just play the movies scene after scene starting from the opening? If I find it for cheap enough (like, say $10-$12) I'll buy it.

This looks like another journey through eBay....

Search in descriptions -- I find it *far* cheaper to buy a new DXR2 drive than to buy the DVD seperate. :)

Back