Wing Commander Movie Ships (August 11, 2009)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Since we're celebrating ten years of the Wing Commander movie, it only seemed fair to integrate the movie ships into the ships section; after all, one of the community's frequently asked questions is: what's the deal with those movie ships? Now you can know for sure whether the Wing Commander movie Rapier is the same as the one in the game (it isn't) or if the Tiger's Claw is (it is). Note that the Salthi and the Krant don't appear in the actual film--they were cut early in post-production--but their specifications appear in the Confederation Handbook. Check them out:

Terran Confederation
Empire of Kilrah
Civilian

--
Original update published on August 11, 2009

Last edited by a moderator:
Not complaining, just noting for future correction.

The Fralthi link is broken and the headings for the the Sivar and Snakeir still say Dralthi.

Thanks, great catches -- I won't lie, Frosty and I were up *pretty late* on Sunday getting these things put together. Expect some big updates in the future... first up: a much more comprehensive Broadsword history.

(Everything should be fixed that you listed!)

Gotta love copy-and-paste errors.

I don't think this is nit-picking. It's good to point out mistakes like these, I think, so long as you do it with good grace and respect.

And no worries, LOAF. As always, many thanks to you and the staff for the continued efforts.

Yeah -- we made one template and then edited it for each ship. :)

In the middle of an office move right now, but I'll fix that WC1 label tonight.

this is great and all, but... shouldn't there be a link with all those ships in the combat information center? like Movie ships or something like that?

Wait a minute...

In the ship's section of the CIC, you can see the different games underneath each side's name. I can see, for example, WC1 through WC4 links for the confed and Kilrathi ships. Shouldn't there be a "movie" link under these for purposes of these images?

In the ship's section of the CIC, you can see the different games underneath each side's name. I can see, for example, WC1 through WC4 links for the confed and Kilrathi ships. Shouldn't there be a "movie" link under these for purposes of these images?

Probably. Like most other sections at the CIC, the ships section is a work in progress.

Nice update Loaf. Its just a shame that someone couldn't get hold of the original models to grab some more detailed images of.

Oh and brilliant. Those two images of the concom will come in VERY handy for me.

Back