Wing Commander Krant

Maj.Striker

Swabbie
Banned
I've been trying to remodel some of the Wing Commander 1 ships. My first effort, the Raptor, was really ripped by Psycho and a few others but this one, the Krant, I think very very closely resembles the original (I followed the blue prints from Claw marks). The texture jobs is a custom one of my own making (I'm still not very good at texturing, but here it is if anyone is interested, let me know. I'd be willing to model any of the WC 1 or 2 ships. Thanks.

krant.jpg

That's a pretty neat interpretation . . . the 'eyelids' for the cockpits, especially.

Hey, model the ship from my privateer stories. I can't seem to get anyone else to do it. E-mail, IM, or PM me for the sketches.

Yeah, I like it, cool model.

What was up with the duel cockpits for the Krant anyway? One for the pilot, one for the navigator?

Thanks. I've also been working on a Raptor...I'm sure Psych will appreciate this one a little more. There are a couple of things that I am aware of being wrong with it. The engines are not perfectly correct and I did not add the thin forward fins the the dual set of neutron guns on the nose. Other than that, it's very similar to the original. It is a WIP and I do plan on adding the forward fins.

Raptor.jpg

A cool work with few polys, great!
I wrote on other thread where you posted a gratha. Have you learn how work with modelc to convert them to SO ships?

Thanks. I haven't looked into the converting them for SO yet, I assume there's a walkthrough around here somewhere?

Not bad, though I think the intakes on that Krant look a bit bulky, and I really don't see a Krant having dual cockpits...

Whew, Eder, you aint' kidding. I'm going to need to wait till I got about 4 hours to spare and then take a stab at converting them. Thanks for the link. I recently started work on a Bengal Class carrier (I guess you could say the Tiger Claw...) Here's what I've got so far...

tigerclaw.jpg

I think they look like a good start..a very good one. Now what do you think about making some things a little bit more detailed and round?
The ships all look a little bit blocky...beside that..do you made them for gaming or for animations?

PS: The Raptor looks very intresting.

KillerWave said:
I tried to make it as detailed as possible, but once you get the hang of it, it becomes very easy ;)
Yes indeed. By the time you stop to think about it, you've converted like 60 ships already! ;)

Nice work. :D

They are a bit blocky, but they are coming along.

:) Now, we have another 3dmodeller that a remake/mod team can use. ;)

Thanks for the feedback guys. Gevatter Lars, I made them for both I suppose. They all have a pretty low poly rating (relatively speaking) fighters ranging from 1000-1300 polys, and the biggerships have been running about 2200 or so. I'm sure I could trim them down a bit if needed. But since I have had no experience converting them into any game (except maybe Starlancer) I don't know how well they'll function. I recently completed (a term that is always relative) A Venture and an Exeter.

Not trying to rack up a post record or anything, but here's a picture of the confed fleet ships I've put together so far. (Note: may not be scaled properly).

confedfleet.jpg

Back