Wing Commander IV - Subtitles problem

_Polaris_

Spaceman
Hi there,

I have very interesting problem here:

I want to play the WC4 DVD version...It works well, but I have no subtitles in the movies. I also tried to enable them in Movie Options, but it has no effect!

Also I got sometimes a problem with the audio during the gameplay in a cockpit.
Could it be the AC3 filter?

Any references?

Thx

What is the audio problem you have? I don't think it's an AC3 filter thing - that's for the video scenes if I understand how that works right.

Yeah, AC3filter is only for the DVD movie scenes (the 5.1 audio). The inflight stuff will be just some form of directx or other. Like Chris said, you need to elaborate on exactly what kind of problem you're having with the audio.

_Finished_

Okay...I played it to the end...no audio suffer from the in-flight has occured. So twas no problem anymore. Why that occured before is a mystery for me, but I prefer that that patch made some stuff...I had different versions.
And about those subitles...It's better for me to know that they are broken in WC4. Althought I know pretty much english language, I better prefer to double check it to know the story bettrer. But anyway I understood it well >)
BUT if there will be som patch for it, then I appreciate it very much >)

Okay...Now I will continue with the WC:p and SO

Will see what the problems there will be now >)

Thanks to all who replied to me >)

Okay...I played it to the end...no audio suffer from the in-flight has occured. So twas no problem anymore. Why that occured before is a mystery for me, but I prefer that that patch made some stuff...I had different versions.
And about those subitles...It's better for me to know that they are broken in WC4. Althought I know pretty much english language, I better prefer to double check it to know the story bettrer. But anyway I understood it well >)
BUT if there will be som patch for it, then I appreciate it very much >)

Okay...Now I will continue with the WC:p and SO

Will see what the problems there will be now >)

Thanks to all who replied to me >)

The highres patch for WC Prophecy along with the VOB movie packs will let the subtitles work correctly. You may encounter a few bugs getting it running but the subtitles should be ok.

Remember, this entire thread is available in Spanish - all you have to do is press the SAP button on your remote.

wo too bad. could use the subs to understand better.

do you guys if heres a transcript anywhere? it could come in handy when i cant understand something

maybe it can be done with ffdshow?
img4291.jpg

img4295.jpg

of course i just grabbed some random sub in my hardrive.. check the video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8waKGhSins

Back