Wing Commander IV for Windows 95 does it exist

WC4 for Win95 definitely exists. Or, You can find the patch either in the Kilrathi Saga CD, or in the files section in this site.

Is the box differant than the Dos\Win95 version.
I have not found a copy of the true Win95 version anywhere.

Of course you haven't found one, because it doesn't exist. What we're saying is that the patch makes the DOS version work properly under Win95. So, when you install this patch on top of the DOS version, you end up with a Win95 version
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the patch really necessary? A borrowed WC4 worked fine on my PC, and it really is quite an older sort of Pentium. ie, the original.

Yes and no. I've seen computers on which the DOS version worked perfectly under Win95, but I've also seen computers where the DOS version would always crash during sound/graphics configuration, but then worked perfectly with the patch.

So basically, try it without the patch, and if something goes wrong, bring in the patch.

Plus the W95 version has throttle and rudder peddle support
smile.gif
My only question is WHY couldn't they include that in WC's1+2 on the KS? Don't get me wrong I'm happy with the KS, the old games are great (especially WC2) but it does seem like a sloppy conversion
frown.gif

My computer crashes during the install in windows.And your right it crashes during the graphics configuration.
I have to do the full install in dos than reboot to Windows to apply the patch.

Origins page on Wing Commander IV makes it look like there is also a Win95 version.

I wonder if the Dvd version is Win95.
I bought the game but never played it yet.
I have a DvD drive in my closet with other new parts that I bought.
I was kind of saving the drive for the computer that I'm building.

Naw man, the DVD version won't work with Windows. Didn't you know? DVD's have been around longer than DOS, hell, They've been here longer than dirt. Sorry, you'll have to reboot to DOS to play the DVD version. BTW, you do know that if you install the DVD drive into your current computer, you can take it out and put it in your new system when you get to that point, right? Just checkin'
wink2.gif

BTW, just messin' with you because I pray to God you were joking with us. Do you know of a DVD drive that will run DOS games? If you do, the knowledge is useless, but it'd be nice to know
smile.gif

------------------
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
Real heros wear SCBAs, not capes.--Me.

I have not used a Dvd-Drive yet to know all what it can do.I can't see why it cant run in dos anyway.All it takes is a driver right?
The only thing that I really know about DVD is the Sony DVP-S7000 that sits in my entertainment center.Regional free, and Macrovision disabled.
As in DVD games thats totally differant.If they want to take a mega cd Dos game and put it on DVD the best choice would be to make it for Win 95.
A user today don't understand what exit to dos is anyway. lol!

I don't want to put the drive in my computer for this reason.
I tested My Kenwood 72X in this computer.
After seeing the benchmarks, and how quiet it was.I had to leave it in.
The same thing happend with the Sound Blaster Live Platinum.(I had to buy another)
Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer(I had to buy another)
I know the same thing will happen again.

I guess I could wait another month.

You do understand he was teasing you, don`t you? The point was, that DVD-ROMs are fairly new in the PC world, 4 years at the most, which means that any game designed for DVD would probably be designed to run on WIN95, and not DOS.

Back