Wing Commander IV [DVD] inquiry ...

You don't happen to know where I can find a copy of the materials I'm missing, would you?

Too frustrating realizing that I've missed half the important stuff...

You'll probably have to find it with the game off eBay or something. Personally I like the CD version better because every time you switch to a new disc you feel all warm inside and you know that you're progressing.

Heh, that's going to be fun...

Although, I looked at the demo version, and was really happy with the DVD version - the quality is much better :).

Originally posted by Worf
The downside to the DVD version is that you don't get all the nice background story...
You mean the novel preview? It's no big deal. Someday I hope to type up the rest of the manuals which aren't already online (ie Claw Marks, WC2, Academy, Privateer, Voices of War, Victory Streak).

I really need to fix the WC 2 manual I have up... it's horrible.

The pain in the ass one that I started was Prophecy, but the lack of a standard format through the whole thing makes it a pain in the ass to do nicely. As a result, I stopped due to laziness.

Originally posted by Wedge009
You mean the novel preview? It's no big deal. Someday I hope to type up the rest of the manuals which aren't already online (ie Claw Marks, WC2, Academy, Privateer, Voices of War, Victory Streak).

Well, all I have is the play guide - I'm presuming there's a lot more information in the referenced Install Guide (but which I don't have). Stuff like storyline, etc.

I've got a nasty habit of coming into things late - and WCIV is effectively the "first" for me. (I remembered I had it after watching the WC DVD for the nth time). It helped somewhat to undrestand the background of WC. (Just like the WCA).

Edit: OTOH, I went shopping for books - hopefully some of them will arrive shortly to help fill in more of the blanks.

Wing Commander 4's manuals suck, even when compared to WC2s. The only anywhere near interesting one is the booklet that contains the first few chapters of the novel with some weapons stats in the bottom corners of pages.

Originally posted by TC
I really need to fix the WC 2 manual I have up... it's horrible.
So you've said. :) But I think it'd be worth making non-existent ones first before fixing already available ones.

Originally posted by TC
...Prophecy, but the lack of a standard format through the whole thing...
Do you mean all the different international versions? I don't see why we can't sort of merge them together... if we ever get round to doing it. :)

Originally posted by TC
The only anywhere near interesting one is the booklet that contains the first few chapters of the novel with some weapons stats in the bottom corners of pages.
Very poor stats detail too. If you're looking for WC4 stats, you can try the ship statistics text file from the single-sided DVD.

Back