Wing Commander in GBA ?

Engine

Spaceman
Take a look!!

The "Star Giants" IS Wing Commander.
The ememy ship is Dralthi-look !!!

I'm sure I'll buy GBA for this game.

:D

It does resemble a Dralthi, yes. The other ship featured resembles a Rapier too. Even the cockpits, radar, etc are similar. But I've been in contact with the developers and they assured me that while they looked at WC for ideas, the game itself isn't WC. I'm currently working on getting more details.

If you showed me those screenshots and didn't tell me what they were from I would have said some WC game between WC2 & WC3 that was never finished. There are only so many ways to configure a cockpit, but between that and the look of the ships, if EA wanted to be pissy they could probably have a decent case. The multiplayer sounds good, but I'm wondering how they are going to do all the controls they say you will be able to do. I didn't think the GBA had enough inputs, though I admit, I'm not all that familiar with the platform.

It looks good. Seems to promising. Hey, if it catches on, they may do WC on GBA, which was discussed a while ago around here.

Speaking of which...

It shouldnt be too hard to port wc to a Pocket PC running windows CE..

The last I heard the controls are similar to a gameboy (plus touch screen) and they have processors up to 200 mhz and a display capable of 16 bit color depth. Plus a 1GB hard drive! I hear they already have ports of doom and stuff.

Pocket WC3??? now that would be cool. (unfortunately that pocket pc had a price tag around 500 dollars!)

AD

Is there supposed to be a link in the first post in this thread? If so, its not showing for me for some reason.
If not, anyone got a link?

Which, in case someone doesn't know, can be found at...
http://www.wcnews.com

or the first link under Kris's very useful sig :)

As for WC on a Pocket PC that would be nice. Of course I'd have to replace my old Visor, which I have been tempted to do ever since I saw a version of MAME for the Pocket PC.

Figures. I only check the news every few days, and thus manage to miss something of greater than usual interest.
*grumble*

/em scurrying off to the main page.

I might have to buy a GBA for this new Wing Commander Advance...uh, I mean Star Giants. Seriously, that enemy is a Dralthi, and the wingmen ships resemble Rapiers quite a bit. Throw in that radar and shield display, and you really have quite a Wing Commander look-alike. It will definitely be interesting to see what happens with this one...

Back