Wing Commander III problem

U

Unregistered

Sorry for double posting.

Hello everyone. I have the Kilrathi Saga version of the game, and after setting the compatibility to "Windows 95" mode in XP I managed to run it. However, in missions I can not move my ship in any direction. I have read somewhere that it requires a joystick, altough I am quite certain that back in the day on my 486 I played it on a keyboard. So basically, the question is, what would be the way of handling the game so that I can move the ship with the keyboard, since I do not posess any sort of a joystick?

Sorry for double posting.

Hello everyone. I have the Kilrathi Saga version of the game, and after setting the compatibility to "Windows 95" mode in XP I managed to run it. However, in missions I can not move my ship in any direction. I have read somewhere that it requires a joystick, altough I am quite certain that back in the day on my 486 I played it on a keyboard. So basically, the question is, what would be the way of handling the game so that I can move the ship with the keyboard, since I do not posess any sort of a joystick?

Is this WC1,2 or 3 that's giving you the problem? Once in flight, have you tried hitting alt+o and then choosing either mouse or keyboard? Don't forget to hit save settings.

Back