Wing Commander II SNES Prototype

Raul2106

Spaceman
Does anybody know if Wing Commander II for Super Nintendo was ever emulated since the game was completed and the prototype exists? I have been hoping to one day be able to play the game since Wing Commander and The Secret Missions were incredible on SNES.

Raul2106 said:
Does anybody know if Wing Commander II for Super Nintendo was ever emulated since the game was completed and the prototype exists? I have been hoping to one day be able to play the game since Wing Commander and The Secret Missions were incredible on SNES.
I'm pretty sure nobody knows what happened to it. Sorry, but I don't think there's much chance we'll get ahold of it.

The best bet of finding this 'lost game' would be to try and get in touch with a former origin employee who worked on it (or whatever company did the snes conversion - possibly Mindscape). Do Mindscape still exist?

It's very unlikey that we'll ever get a chance to see this game. But, it does no harm to try, right?

I remember waiting forever for this game. Wish they would of released it I gave cic a scan of a gamepro magazine awhile back ago. In that they had a full review of the game so I was expecting to see it on shelves but no luck. Ive been to some rather seedy sites on the web looking for a rom for the game but I have finally given it up. Guess we will never know what wc2 for snes was like:( .

The saddest thing is that, IIRC, WC2 SNES was supposed to have several enhancements (colored VMUS, IIRC).

The game was completed and sent to Pony Canyon in Japan. I've talked to pretty much everyone who worked on the game (it was done in-house in Austin), and none of them have a copy. It's possible that the copy sent to reviewers is still floating around... or that the original sent to Japan is somewhere.

I have a bunch of e-mail conversations about it archived somewhere, which deal with the changes to the game itself -- it was similar to the 3DO port in that mission layouts and such were redesigned so that it was more of an "action" game.

No sign of it -- emulation doesn't happen in a vacuum, someone needs to have the cartridge first.

Back