Wing Commander game music

What kind of music for the next WC?

• Classical

Votes: 23 60.5%
  • Something modern( Like techno or hardrock or something)

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • A mix of both

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Something different (Explain what!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What cutscene MP3 music are you talking about? The only music I know of that could fit this is "Behemoth" (WC III), Intro (WC III&IV), Ending (WC III&IV), Confronting Tolywn (WC IV, I think), and "so you think you've won" (WC IV).
So what cutscene MP3 are you talking about? Something like the WC III launch cutscene music? That reminds of just of the sound (and especially the alarm launch music - both rocked the most :D). I'd really like to have THAT as MP3. :D

Give me some description of the cutscenes and/or what those MP3s are possibly named like? I really fear I might have missed something! ;)
And we're talking about WC III or WC IV cutscenes, right or wrong?

edit: why would it be too much effort for such a big company, anyway. I mean why not offer that music for download instead of producing a cd? Think of other companies like Westwood which offered game music a lot of times for download on their webpage. I really know why I never really liked EA. :rolleyes:

Sincerely
Landorin

Think of other companies like Westwood which offered game music a lot of times for download on their webpage. I really know why I never really liked EA.

Yeah! Why can't Electronic Arts, Inc. be more like Westwood (a wholly owned subsidary of Electronic Arts, Inc.)?

The reason EA is willing to spend money to provide Command & Conquer mp3s (hosting high-volume files on a webserver *expensive*!) is because they're promoting Command & Conquer games. If EA were selling a new Wing Commander game, I'm sure they'd be willing to put money into promoting it in a similar manner.

(Heck, back in '95 when they were releasing Wing 4 they posted a 19-meg .wav of the WC4 end theme to origin.ea.com...)

Originally posted by Landorin
So what cutscene MP3 are you talking about? Something like the WC III launch cutscene music? That reminds of just of the sound (Sic)...I'd really like to have THAT as MP3.

Heres what I remember:

*Main Title / Space Ambush and Combat
*Blair and Tolwyn Prepare For Battle
*Confronting Tolwyn / War Averted / Tolwyn's Death
*Engage
*"So you think you've won..."
*Telamon, The Dead Planet
*The Borderworlds

Originally posted by TopGun
How most people find Mp3s, by searching

Yeah, but I was asking about how the * original * was found. The source of all the copies around on the p2p networks. Someone must create an original file, they don't magically just pop up out of nowhere. :D

They did appear out of nowhere. George Oldziey said that there was no promo (at that point in time; he later distributed a VERY limited release featuring his WC work) and has no idea how they reached Napster.

Their origins are a mystery. I just decided to look up "Wing Commander" while bored one night, and there they were on KaZaa. Some of em took two nights to get though, as the people who had them had a less-than-generous connection to the Napster system.

I'm sure it's no terrible conspiracy -- the WCIV music was probably readily accessible to anyone on the initial team... or any of the half a dozen contract teams that developed ports of the game (3DO, M2, PSX, DVD, Mac and Saturn).

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
... or any of the half a dozen contract teams that developed ports of the game (3DO, M2, PSX, DVD, Mac and Saturn).

I'm still sad 3DO never got its port :(

Originally posted by LeHah
They did appear out of nowhere.

Their origins are a mystery.

That's why I said "its origins are unknown". :D

LOAF is probably right, it could be anyone who had access to the files. But it's still cool that this kind of thing happened.

I once found a very high quality version of the "He-Man" theme song. Not some cheap old VHS recording, but the clear, complete music with no sound effect or people talking. I'm not sure if this was ever released on this form.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I'm still sad the 3DO never got its M2.

Oh, I know! I was eagerly anticipating the M2! Gosh, it was WC4, MK3 and the M2... and I couldn't wait for either. Twas an exciting time for the 3DO.

Then all that got canned. Sarge is still making games. Something is awry!

Are we certain of the extra WCP music as originally being from WCP?

• Mission to Alien Space
  • Hazardous Duty
  • Fight to the Finish

Back