The Wing Commander FL v2.6 MOD for Freelancer has just been released.
It should be available to the public in a day or so.
Here's the MOD's ReadMe file to give everyone an idea what's in it:
-1) This is no longer a Ship Pack.
-2) All of the Player's ships have been replaced.
-3) All of the gunboats have been replaced.
-4) All of the battleships have been replaced.
-5) All but Liberty's cruiser/destroyers have been replaced.
-6) Freelancer Weapons and equipment have been replaced.
--a) Only the Nomads have their original weapons.
--b) Nomad and Special weapons not available to player.
--c) Most things are available everywhere.
---1) Prices vary by factions.
---2) Availability varies by factions.
-7) Ship prices are on par with Privateer's prices.
--a) The only Wing Commander game with ship prices.
--b) New ships only come with engines & tractor beams.
---1) This actually lowers the cost of a new ship.
--c) You MUST transfer Shields, Sensors, Generators, etcetera!
---1) Or you have to purchase new ones to fly!
-8) The Bearcat uses the Anubis ship icon.
--a) Some ship icons are erratic, and appear blank at times.
--b) On some computer systems, the top of the Bearcat is white.
-9) All ships are for sale to the player at all times.
--a) The gunboats are not available to the player.
--b) The carrier is not available to the player.
--c) The Paradigm is not available to the player.
10) This mod is incompatible with most ship packs.
11) Ship wrecks have been changed, too.
12) To add to the "WC Feeling," Rheinland (the bad guys) fly Kilrathi ships.
13) To add to the "WC Feeling," reworked the Freeport 7 cinematic.
14) Nomad ships haven't been changed.
15) Reworked some DLL's to use Wing Commander ship names.
16) As in my Equalizer mod's, NPC's use normal shields.
17) Reworked the Beam_Effects, and Fuses.
18) Missiles on most ships fire like torpedoes in FL do.
--a) Use "Shift" + "Q" to fire them.
--b) If you have Torpedoes AND Missiles, they'll fire together.
--c) Banshee, Epee, Ferret, Hornet, Orion and Vindicator have normal missile slots.
19) The Leech missile IS a Cruise Disruptor, and fires like one.
20) My Spinning Planets Mod was added.
21) Added my Hovis Race Bypass mod.
--a) When asked to race, decline, and leave.
--b) Your waypoint to Quintane will be waiting outside.
--c) If you WANT to race, simply accept the challenge.
22) Reworked the cockpits for better views.
23) Reworked the Infocards on the WC II ships.
24) Shrunk the weapons to Wing Commander proportions.
25) Added some Wing Commander/Privateer Music
26) New DeathWish AI - NPC ships now use ShieldBatts and Nanobots.
The List of Ships Includes:
Talon-------WC Privateer (2 Versions)
6.6 KB Views: 247