Been a while since I did one of these. First off, I’d just like to thank everyone who voted for Defiant Few for fan project of 2013, your support is greatly appreciated and I’m hoping to make 2014 a far more productive year for the series and to that end, I have in the works a special, stand alone episode which looks into the back-story of some of the protagonists. There are a number of roles available, both male and female, for anyone who'd like to audition.
(Rest assured, episode 5 remains of the show-proper remains in the works as well.)
Please record all auditions in either MP3 or WAV format and send them to email@example.com
Deadline for all auditions is February 27th.
Casting Call for Wing Commander: Defiant Few – Back-story Episode
Stationed on the border of two star faring nations on the edge of war, the Terran Confederation carrier TCS Gallant is given the dubious task of safeguarding the lives of Confederation citizens in the core worlds of the Enigma sector by expanding said border.
A minor role. Harry is a Border Worlds pilot, presumptuous and arrogant.
- These fascists aren’t going to listen to reason.
- You’ll never conquer us. We’ll fight you to the last.
A minor role. ‘Cudgel’ is a Confed pilot, bellicose and argumentative.
- Why the hell are we listening to this? These are the bastards who killed our people.
- Hey, someone get this Border Rat of my tail.
Minor role, Confed academy cadet. No distinctive personality traits.
1st Lieutenant O’Keeffe
- This isn’t the Kilrathi fleet at Freya this time is it? Just outdated pre-war relics.
- Well, whilst I’m here I might as well give you the news from my end, of which there’s not much.
– A Confed pilot. No distinctive personality traits.
1st Lieutenant Rachel ‘Pomegranate’ Riney –
- We count fifty fighters in total, and the carrier itself is one of the old Yorktown class.
- They haven’t said anything about that yet sir.
A pilot onboard the Gallant
;quick witted, outspoken, opinionated and slightly insane. An aloof nature hides an extreme sense of protectiveness for her ship and fellow pilots.
Colonel Eliza ‘Raven’ Lainey
- You can't stay mad at me. You've never been able to.
- We’ve taken out two of the Sabers, but five Banshees followed us back. Requesting backup.
– A pilot onboard the BWS Guardian
, she is predominantly professional and serious. She’s the kind who’ll strive to avoid a conflict, but won’t pull any punches if that fails.
Male or Female roles:
- You and your ships are trespassing in a Border World’s system Captain. I will ask you to withdraw immediately.
- Captain Allenby is dead, so is our first officer and most of the bridge staff. We took a torpedo to the bridge during a fight with a Confed destroyer. I am in effective command of the Guardian.
A Confed pilot, young and excitable.
- Cutter just downed an Avenger on the way in to land Colonel.
- Woah, sorry Cutter, have to evade.
– Another Confed pilot, quasi-stoic, businesslike
- Colonel, I’m detecting five Saber class fighters launching from the Guardian.
- They must have been prepping another bomber for launch, or in the middle of refuelling a fighter.
– Minor role, he is a Confed Admiral. Somewhat aristocratic and weasely.
Com Officer –
- You and your people have my condolences for the ships and lives lost in this... senseless act of provocation
- We are not at war yet. However that fact is nothing but a technicality.
Communications officer onboard the TCS Gallant. His or her lines are all related to their work, no personality traits required.
- Sir, we’ve just had a string of messages forwarded to us from sector command
- Captain Metcalfe, cruisers Waterloo and Arizona are now thirty seconds from the jump point.