Wing Commander, Comics or books?

Apollo85

Spaceman
I'm wondering if there are any Wing Commander Comics or books out there. I have searched around but I have not found too much. Hoping someone might know of somthing I have missed or could recommend what to purchase :) Ive seen some books, but I am hoping theres a comic book or an artwork book. Thanks all; Yes I know this is my first ~~~~ post, but looking foward to hanging around the forums. :cool:

There are a lot of WC books:

the novels (Freedom Flight, End Run, Fleet Action, Heart of the Tiger, The Price of Freedom, Action Stations, False Colors, the movie novel, Pilgrim Stars), the official game guides that often include some more background information (in the WCP guide, there's even some artwork shown) and there's the movie fluff book "The Confederation Handbook".

But I do not know anything about a WC comic. Though wasn't there some Nintendo 1 page comic that featured WC?

I seem to remember there was a comic that used Wing Commander fighters and scenarios as a one-off (think it was the main character dreaming), but can't remember what it was called or who it was by. I might still have a copy saved, I'll try and find it

I believe Ninja is still working on his comic. He should have a bit more time now that the Alaskan winter has stopped burying him in every other day. :)

Well thanks all for the info heres pretty much the collection I just bought used of Amazon.
Wing Commander: Freedom Flight
Wing Commander: End Run
Wing Commander: Fleet Action
Wing Commander: Heart of the Tiger
Wing Commander: The Price of Freedom
Wing Commander: Action Stations
Wing Commander: False Colors

If any of you go by the name of chew1ecat on Amazon I just bought most of your books ~~~ :D.

Im so excited to read these books over summer. :cool:

That's an excellent start. You have many many hours of awesome Wing Commander adventures coming your way. Half.com is another good place to check when you get around to expanding your collection even more.

Wow, you'll have one hell of a WC read, have fun! And tell us which one you liked best.

(Just to be honest: these WC novels are pulp. They're fun to read but they're not really high literature.)

Update: So far WC: Freedom Flight & WC: Heart of the Tiger arrived in the mail today. Well yet ya know what I think of the books :)

There are also a few threads about the order to read the books in. Do a quick search. I recommend the publishing order that way you will be familiar with the characters and their histories as the stories progress.

Back