Wing Commander Chronicles ... first page

Nice effort for the most part. One minor mistake I should point out: In the WC2 part 2 page, the line 'Remember the Mandarins?' is missing a line break before it, pushing the second set of Iceman screen shots to the left. I'm sure this isn't your intention.

Nice effort for the most part. One minor mistake I should point out: In the WC2 part 2 page, the line 'Remember the Mandarins?' is missing a line break before it, pushing the second set of Iceman screen shots to the left. I'm sure this isn't your intention.

Thanks for letting me know. I am pretty sure I went through all the pages to correct the links to other parts, too, but it was around 3 am or so last night that I finished this, so I may not have gotten everything. If anyone notices any broken links, let me know so I can fix 'em!

I am already screen capping Special Operations 1.

EDIT: How funny. Wedge, you were right, I was missing a line break. However, the problem you described was not showing up as such on my screen when I previewed the page. In any event, I've placed a line break in there to (hopefully) fix the problem on anyone else's end. Also, I am looking for how accurately I've described the story, continuity, et cetera. I am doing all this in my own words as I re-play the games, instead of doing a quick copy/paste job from WikiPedia or the WCPedia. I'd like feedback on prose, grammar, and sentence structure, if possible.

PS: Can anyone make a cool graphic to go along with the project?

I took a quick break for the 4th of July and my birthday, but I got back to capping for SO1 tonight. Got the first 39 caps up, a decent amount of text, and some ideas floating around in my head. Hopefully will make some serious progress this weekend. Geeze. I still have such a long way to go before I am caught up. S01-2, Privateer, then WC3. Then I can start playing again. Yikes.

A comment on this:

The Broadsword-class bomber came equipped with the a specific type of jump capability, the ability to "mini-jump." This was the ability to traverse extremely long distances between points in the same star system (as opposed to jumping between different star systems, which was an ability only carriers and the like possessed), an ability that other fighters did not have.

This was because of the unique properties of the Enigma Sector, not the Broadsword. The Broadsword does jump to other systems, and it does all of this dependent on the type of jump point it encounters.

I see there's mention of gifs...

Thought of using animated gifs? There's some screencap segments in there that might work as animated gifs.

Ah, thanks for that, Chris! I'll see about getting in there and fixing that. Hadn't taken the fact that I was flying in the Enigma Sector into account. This is exactly the kind of feedback I'm looking for.

As for animated GIFs, I'd love to do that and considered that, but the problem I have with them is that I have no idea how to make them. I don't know where to begin. My HTML skills are very limited (hence why I've stuck with Angelfire lo, these many years). The WC2 page got really out of hand with how many screen caps I took, but I think that the SO1-2 pages won't have quite so many. Though, with the weird mutiny plot in SO1, I might get close to that 400 mark again. It's okay. I am having fun making this. I took a lot of screen caps for SO1, I just haven't pasted them up or done anything new yet. I have also been working a lot of extra shifts because I need some extra dough lately, so I haven't had the time to work on it as much as I like. This is something I am shooting to have done asap. Thanks for looking, fellas!

You did the WC2 winning path and the failure, but there also is a real losing path, you also prove the stealth fighter exists and fight Jazz(with another conversation after you beat him), but here your final mission is not the destruction of Ktithrak Mang, but to rescue Carnevorn from a strike fleet led by Thrakhath himself, and you also end up promoted, and with Angel for company.

You're speaking of the parallel final missions - one occurs in K'tithrak Mang, the other is the defence of Caernarvon in Gwynedd.

Interesting! Which missions do I have to fail to see this alternate losing ending? I tried punching out on several missions mid way through the game to get the losing ending, but I've never heard of this alternate.

The last mission in Enigma - either destroy the Ralatha before it jumps away, or fail to make the jump into K'tithrak Mang - both will lead you to Gwynedd. If my memory serves correctly, anyway.

Oho! Well, then once I am done with the SO1 page (coming along slowly, dang responsible adult stuff!), I will go do these things in WC2 so I can record this alternate ending. It's definitely relevant, so it deserves to be in there. I bet that'll bring me up to like, 450 caps for that page! :p

Back