Wing Commander Cartoon Series DVD

NoMention

Rear Admiral
Wing Commander Cartoon Series DVD - For Sale

With Commissar no longer offering this service, I have taken over the role as the key contact for ordering the Wing Commander Acadamy DVD series. It comes on 3 DVDs for NTSC and 4 DVDs for PAL. Right now I can fill 20 orders but it might take a couple of days if many orders come at once. I am offering a couple of different purchasing options which include shipping (to US only, internation rates will be different):

1) DVDs in protected sleeves - $8.50
2) DVDs in Jewel Cases - $10.00
3) DVDs in DVD Cases with case art - $15.00

I am in the process of finding a suitable direct to disc CD/DVD printer but until I do, the discs will come without Disc Art and without any writing whatsoever. I have them all organized at my house by disc and will include the disc number with the disc so that you can label it as you see fit.

If interested, please send me a PM. Hopefully my inbox won't fill up too fast. Feel free to ask any questions. All PayPal orders should be sent to msharpe@hotmail.com and they will be processed. International buyers, please contact me first so that proper shipping charges can be calculated!!

NoMention

They are video standards. NTSC is the US standard, PAL is used in Europe (with the exception of France and one other place, which use the SECAM standard).

NoMention, got them the other day, looking good. Haven't yet had a chance to watch em but I did make up some nice DVD labels for them.

Jim

It sucks that there is only season one... are there any other features on the DVD, or is it just the cartoon?

Just as a follow-up...

The discs I use are Ritek G03 Inkjet Printable DVD-R discs. Please check compatibility with your player before ordering. I do not (and cannot) record DVD+R discs but most quality DVD players should be able to play DVD-R but it is better to check the owners manual for compatibility first. I will be restocking Ritek G04 DVD-R discs in the near future but the compatibility between the G03 and G04 series is the same. The record speed is the only difference.

The DVDs run in my DVD Player (I doubt they'll work in my PS2 so I won't even try) and the quality is generally good. Theres one or two instances of audio gliches - the sound clicks in and out during the Marine flashback during the beginning of one episode (I'm at work, I can't check the episode)

The audio problem with the Repleetah scene occured when the show originally aired (every time).

Episode 12?

I had ordered a set from Jim when he was doing them. My episode 12 had bad audio. (audio was 2 seconds ahead of the video). He sent me a replacement but it had the same problem. He then said he was not doing more, so here I am.
I have a couple quesitons, NoMention:
1.) I play the ones from Jim on my PS2 and they work fine. Are you burning them in the same format as he did?
2.) Does your copy of episode 12 (Price of Victory) have good audio?

If so (to both the above) I'd like to order DVD #3 only, if I can.
It has episodes 11-13 on it. (11: On both your houses; 13: Glory of Sivar)
Thank you.

Bandit LOAF said:
The audio problem with the Repleetah scene occured when the show originally aired (every time).

I stand corrected ::grasping gesture::

DragonClaw said:
I had ordered a set from Jim when he was doing them. My episode 12 had bad audio. (audio was 2 seconds ahead of the video).

yeah i had the same problem :( but i just deal with it cuz i can't get another

I will double check and see if episode 12 has the audio problem. I do believe that mine does not but let me double check that just to make sure. As for PS2 compatibility, my PS2 is able to play these discs. Please keep in mind that these are not the cheap discs like Princo, Optodisc, ProMedia or even those cheap ones found at Best Buy and Circuit City (Verbatim are the only high quality they sell). These are Ritek G03. If you don't know anything about these discs, a simple search on google should help you out.

it had a little of each game in it up through WC 3-4 more or less the story was altered a bit for entertainment purposes but its all around pretty good

KrisV said:
They are video standards. NTSC is the US standard, PAL is used in Europe (with the exception of France and one other place, which use the SECAM standard).

Most modern TVs in the UK can play both

As far as DVD go it is pretty much irrelevant anyhow. Never hearerd of any problems with NTSC DVDs on Pal devices (as long as the region code is ok). PAL/NTSC is really only important for VHS tapes and Console Games.

Back