Wing Commander Cameo

Pulmonox

Commodore
Well... it's not really a cameo, and for all I know, it's come up before... (if it has, forgive me for my lack of research) but just in case it hasn't, I thought some of you out there might find it interesting. I actually noticed this a long time ago.

In the Movie "Man of the House" with Chevy Chase and Jonathan Taylor Thomas (yeah, I know, I'm pathetic, but I was bored, and had nothing better to do at the time, and the movie was on, so I just kinda sat down and watched it). Anyway, there's a scene in the movie where Chevy Chase goes into Taylor's room to talk to him, and I noticed that JTT was playing a game on his computer. A close inspection revealed that he was playing WC2 Sec Ops, as he was flying a morningstar in random directions doing nothing in particular. Being that this is a WC thread, I thought I'd point it out. Does anyone else know of any WC appearances?

Will wonders never cease?

I still remember that computer commercial where there was a kid using the computer to do his homework. Then, as the announcer says "And, with Encarta, your child can learn about our solar system." And the kid suddenly switches over and says "And now I'm gonna learn about the Kilrathi system!" and commences to wiggle a joystick while a bunch of rocket ships fly across the screen . . I remember it specifically not resembling Wing Commander.

In the 1997 movie Rocketman with Harland Williams, right before he starts his workday he says, "5 minutes before the day starts, time to save the world" And he starts playing WCIV of his computer. He's flying a Vindicator.

overmortal said:
I still remember that computer commercial where there was a kid using the computer to do his homework. Then, as the announcer says "And, with Encarta, your child can learn about our solar system." And the kid suddenly switches over and says "And now I'm gonna learn about the Kilrathi system!" and commences to wiggle a joystick while a bunch of rocket ships fly across the screen . . I remember it specifically not resembling Wing Commander.

Yeah, that was an Arrow from Wing Commander Armada and it was an Intel commercial.

Oh well. I hadn't played Armada at the time, and I remember thinking "That doesn't look like any WC ship I've seen."

Now I know, and knowing is half the battle. GO JOE!

Sylvester said:
In the 1997 movie Rocketman with Harland Williams, right before he starts his workday he says, "5 minutes before the day starts, time to save the world" And he starts playing WCIV of his computer. He's flying a Vindicator.
Since he defected, he must not have been able to find Meson's so called "seventh disc"

Back