Wing Commander Album Sent Out For Production! (November 30, 2015)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator

Composer George Oldziey very excitedly reports that his physical album of Wing Commander music is finally finished! The initial live recordings were first released before Christmas 2014, but George spent a good portion of this year completing additional digital tracks to round out the compilation. Now the compact disc with everything on it has been gone out for manufacturing. Backers should have received an email this past weekend asking for current shipping addresses. If you didn't get one, check your spam folders or log in to Kickstarter for details. While you wait for the discs to start shipping, check out the Making Of Documentary to see how everything came together!

CD is Finished!!

Greetings all! I've just sent the CD in for replication, and should have it within a few weeks! It may not get to you before Christmas as I'd hoped, but you should have it by the New Year. I'm very excited by how it all came out.

What I need you to do now is send me your shipping info. Please send it to . Put "WC Shipping Info" as your subject. Also, and this is important, please include the [code word] so I know which tier level you are.

I'm very excited to have (finally) made this available to all of you. And again, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your amazing support! Maybe we could do this again some time!

Musically yours,

George
[/quote]

--
[url="https://www.wcnews.com/news/update/13265"]Original update published on November 30, 2015[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... I didn't get this update for some reason, and Fundrazr doesn't have an account at my e-mail address, even though I have been receiving updates on this project as recently as October. (That last part may not be wrong; I can't remember if I had to create a fundrazr account in order to pledge.) Any idea what I can do about this?

I'm having the same issue Stinger - I didn't get an email about this despite having donated in addition via Fundrazr. Thankfully, I kept the email'd receipts to prove it.

That's why we posted the notice here too. If anyone else didn't get an email, let us know and we can PM you details on how to follow up.

Incidentally, I also donated on Fundrazr and this was the FIRST email about the project I received. The only reason I knew about the digital release was the news here. Disturbing that other backers are getting left out of the loop.

On the positive side, I thanked him for his hard work on the project with the shipping info I sent and he actually replied, kindly. :D

I donated on Fundrazr and received an email. However I donated at the highest tier on Fundrazr (signed score) so that could be why...

I donated on Fundrazr and received an email. However I donated at the highest tier on Fundrazr (signed score) so that could be why...

Yeah I just realized I only could paid for the digital copy. That explains why I was surprised that there was a CD. Lots of stuff to forget about in a year. We're good here.

Ah, so that's the problem... turns out I was slightly more of a cheapskate than I remembered and didn't quite donate enough for a physical CD. My bad.

Yeah I just realized I only could paid for the digital copy. That explains why I was surprised that there was a CD. Lots of stuff to forget about in a year. We're good here.
That also explains why I didn't receive an email for the digital release. I pledged for the physical CD. :rolleyes:

I can rip the CD and make my own digital edition for easier listening. Mostly prefer mp3 since Android phones make handy players in a pinch.

In fact, barring hard drive crashes, that may be the first AND last time the CD goes in a drive before being stowed away in my personal WC vault (read: box). A pattern shared by nearly all my old disks now with GOG around.

I'm too 20th century and prefer more tangible goods for my collections. A physical master copy never hurts... except maybe the wallet. Seriously, how many official (in this case, the original composer) Wing Commander albums will we ever get?

My regret is not having enough for the full score, signed or otherwise. I would take it on a bar napkin at this point.

I'd appreciate some help/information.

I backed via Kickstarter (110 $ / 100 $ reward level, so that should include a CD). Now, I haven't gotten an email since update N° 59 (or so). I checked the KS updates and now there are 4 different updates for "CD is finished" and in each Mr Oldziey gives a different "codeword" to send in so he knows which pledge level you are. Sadly, I have no idea which codeword applies to which pledge/reward level. And from the comments I guess that Mr Oldziey didn't want to post these updates but wanted to send messages.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

You can just reply back to the email in the kickstarter updates using the subject line "WC Shipping Info." Explain your pledge level / reward and George can match you up. The codewords thing was just a shortcut to streamline the organization of hundreds of claims, but he can research individual issues.

Back