Wing Commander Added to Netflix UK (April 24, 2014)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Mike Vanderhoek tipped us off about a new addition to the Netflix library in the UK. Wing Commander is now available for streaming in HD. It doesn't appear to be available in every region yet, although there is fairly wide availability on streaming-for-purchase services such as iTunes, Amazon or VUDU. Also, if you missed the film on Blu-ray last year, Amazon currently lists it for just $9.17!

Earth's only hope against the vicious Kilrathi Empire are two young fighter pilots, who must stop the enemy and warn Earth of an impending attack.

--
Original update published on April 24, 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got my head around the fact that Mark Hamill and Tom Wilson aren't in the movie and watched it through.
It really wasn't a bad movie shame the budget didn't allow for slightly furrier and more vicious looking Kilrathi, but you cant have everything and dogfights were great.

Hopefuly CR makes stacks of cash from Star Citizen and can find the time to either remake it or make a sequel some day.

He has said he'd love to do exactly that! https://www.wcnews.com/articles/chrisroberts_14thbday.shtml And it seems like he's already made nearly enough money to produce a AAA game and redo the film...

AD> When is the special edition of the Wing Commander movie comming out?
Wedge009> Hmm, I might have missed some updates, but the quote at the top: 'I definitely want to do another Wing Commander...' has there been any progress on that front?
Chris_Roberts> One day I would like to do a full cut with digital Kilrathi, Merlin and the full Pilgrim subplot
music_guru> i'm guessing it depends on fox
Chris_Roberts> I get the US & UK rights back in 2015

Here's what comes up when you try to search for WC on the US Netflix:
netflix1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Blow. I was thinking of describing to Netflix specifically to check out the flick...

Found a PDF of the novelization on Pix's site today, BTW. Not sure of the legality of it.

Yeah... I don't think there's any technically legal digital versions of the movie novel... but we do have the shooting script on the website here and the novel sticks very very closely to it. With a few minor parts (an epilogue that leads into Pilgrim Stars for example) reading the script is a lot like reading the novel.

I'm lucky in Ireland so got to watch it on Netflix only available in SD though. Great to see CR get movie rights back in 2015.

I'm betting he will be super busy with Star Citizen for a while due to its enormous scope, but hopefully he can find the time to make the movie too!

Back