Wing Commander Aces Club list (Yahoogroups)

Um, I'm not going to start dragging out WCAC's dirty laundry, but I think you'll find that there won't be a lot of takers for this. Bluntly put, your name isn't exactly "shiney" to a lot of people.

(I, too, tried doing the mailing list after one of its previous collapses, and failed miserably thanks in part to a not-dissimilar opinion of me combined with ignorance I wasn't aware of before I botched things up.)

That it's something requiring signing up on Yahoo doesn't help matters any, either, judging by the reaction I saw when I suggested using a formal mailing list run by professionals, years ago.

[edit]
And shouldn't this be in the Fan Fiction Chat forum?

Um, I'm not going to start dragging out WCAC's dirty laundry, but I think you'll find that there won't be a lot of takers for this. Bluntly put, your name isn't exactly "shiney" to a lot of people.

Yours isn't spit-shiney either, if I recall. But you acknowledge that.

In any case, people... like LOAF? Reid, maybe? That's fine. Though I never had a problem with either gentleman I think at some point they decided they had one with me (what, back when we were like 17 years old? who cares, again?). They were never active Aces. There was that Aces PBM Archive fiasco... but that whole shebang has been lost to time.

I don't think you need to sign up for Yahoo to use the list.

Though not so much in its later years, the Aces Club was originally involved in more than just fanfiction. But feel free to move this thread.

i think the other account is "WCX". I can figure out when I have time to dig through the admin panel.

i think the other account is "WCX". I can figure out when I have time to dig through the admin panel.

Hm. I looked up that user and checked their posts and I can tell you that absolutely isn't me. I've never even played "Colony Wars" or some of the other thing he/she's posting about.

Though it is possible at some point over the years I forgot I already had an account here and re-registered. In fact, I nearly did that a couple of days ago before I remembered I had one here already. I own and run a vBulletin site of my own so I know you could easily do some IP cross-checking.

I did used to write "WCX" stories, though. Back in the day.

In any case, people... like LOAF? Reid, maybe?

They were never active Aces.

Back in the late '90s I actually ran the main mailing list's weekly updates and did a lot of new member stuff with the Aces 'Academy' for a few years as well as participated with a Border Worlds carrier fiction string.

I've read a few of the WC Aces fanfics and enjoyed them. Where can I get more info about the club and what the participate requirements are?

The ability to travel to Earth's distant past when the club was still active is the first requirement.

Sad but true. I wrote to Raptor (current list maintainer) a few weeks ago, but haven't heard back. I'll have to see if I just used the wrong address to contact him, but I don't think that's the case.

This Julius Caesar fellow seems to have his head on straight, how can I help make him emperor?

LOAF, I believe theres an election even as we speak - although i'm not sure about Mr Caesar's running mate ...

Sad but true. I wrote to Raptor (current list maintainer) a few weeks ago, but haven't heard back. I'll have to see if I just used the wrong address to contact him, but I don't think that's the case.

Raptor just found several others and myself on Facebook last week I believe. So it seems he is still around and kicking. You might want to check the email address.

Back