Wing Commander 4 question

I'm fairly sure that there is a thread for this question. But I couldn't find it. Anyway my question is this, Does WC4 work on Windows XP? I was going to pick up a copy on amazon and thought I should find out first.

There is a Windows 95 upgrade for WC4 which you can download from the CIC files section. You'll need to enable Win98 compatibility mode on WC4W.exe, after that you're ready to go. If you need to set it up, you can run wc4w -i in the windows command prompt.

Last edited by a moderator:
p6qaha

I've got WC4 CD running in Vista ATM with the Windows exe and the W2000 fixpatch.

It's running a little fast, though.

Is it just running fast or does it seems to be skipping ahead of the sound and images? If that is the case you can try to manually assign the program to using only a single core via the task manager, and simply unmark all the CPU cores except for one. You'll need to do this every time though.

WC4 Dosbox trouble

I've been trying to get the CD version of WC4 to install using DOSbox so I can apply the Win95 patch. Unfortunately when I select the default save game directory (C:/wc4) it says there is not enough free space available to install, yet my hard disk has over 70 Gb of space!

Can anyone offer any suggestions...:confused:

I've been trying to get the CD version of WC4 to install using DOSbox so I can apply the Win95 patch. Unfortunately when I select the default save game directory (C:/wc4) it says there is not enough free space available to install, yet my hard disk has over 70 Gb of space!

Can anyone offer any suggestions...

Can anyone offer any suggestions...

Did the harddrive get mounted correctly ( mount C: C:\)?

If everything in dosbox is mounted right then try creating the game directory before installing.

Back