Wing Commander 4 Problems

Phox

Rear Admiral
Hi,

I have some problems with my Wing Commander 4. Im running it under Win98SE.
I have 2 sound cards installed, a SBPCI which I use for the game and one Terratec DMX-1024 X-Fire which I use for WIN98SE.
The game works fine apart from the fact, that I drop out frequently in space combat. Game crashes back to Desktop, I can alt-tab back into it though and everything is normal again. My guess is that it's something with the sound because it happens when I score some hits on enemy craft or some other loud sound is played. Only happens in space combat though.

Futhermore the game doesnt save my in-game settings (Alt-O). No writeprotection on the config files.

Hopefully someone can help me so I can enjoy the game again :)

of course I clicked save. I tried some more things and it appears that the only thing it doesnt save is my control settings - have to set mouse at the start of every mission. it does save skill and other settings though.

Originally posted by Phox
of course I clicked save. I tried some more things and it appears that the only thing it doesnt save is my control settings - have to set mouse at the start of every mission. it does save skill and other settings though.

Once you reset it, does it work fine after?

Why dont you just install the Win95 patch for the WC4 ??

All the Windows-related problems will be fixed whatever windows you have installed.

Back